Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What camper will you tow with your CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought from the beginning that it would be nice to get a metal truck and compliment that with a metal trailer, out there in the sun with the paint never pealing, initially that made me think of the Airstreams, anything from a tiny Basecamp all the way up to the giant Classic 30 footer. There are no cheap trailers from this manufacturer.

And they are so heavy and maybe it would make more sense to get something lightweight and even more aerodynamic, so I turned to the Alto by Safari Condo with its retractable roof and giant windows when it's expanded, that's a nice vehicle, kinda pricy for what you get with bathroom doors only 3 feet high, but still a great tow vehicle that won't eat my battery.

But now the Light Ship is busting on the scene, also collapses so it has less wind resistance, same flat surfaces as the CT, lots of windows (too many really) and despite all the press I don't see the appeal. At least you can close the bathroom door and have some privacy. I saw it in person today at Electrify Expo 2023 SF and was not impressed.

But you know what they had there that DID impress me? (I have been following these guys for some time):

1687670586695.png

Living Vehicle LT: Luxury Solar Electric Travel Trailer

Fold out balcony, giant fold out solar array and matching battery along with all electric appliances including a washer dryer and a 5 gal/day water generator, enough power to live off grid and still charge your CT.

This is a great retirement option that is built so well your grandkids will be using it when they retire. Holy smokes, even the wife loved loved loved it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Wow! "A21 SERIES (FIXED ROOF)", I had not been exploring around their website since that was introduced, didn't know they made it. Looks nice and planar like the CyberTruck. Didn't see any Air Conditioning

"Designed to optimize the aerodynamics of a caravan [...] combined with the lightness of this range of trailers, the A2124 is the most economical to tow in the industry. Safari Condo is driven by a desire to offer products that reduce fossil fuel consumption, and the Alto A2124 was designed with a future in mind that will include more and more electric cars."

My A2124 has A/C.

Is it on the roof like most RVs? Is it a mini-split like on the Living Vehicle? Starting to see a lotta those, leaves room for solar. The Lightship has the fan unit half on the hitch instead of propane bottles which being all electric it doesn't need. Clever

That should work, only make sure you don't fill your water tanks or you'll go over your tow rating with that onboard. Perhaps you could mount it ON the CyberTruck, I've seen people build racks for such vehicles on their trucks.

But really, why are you bringing a 4x4 with 16" clearance with you when you are towing with a vehicle that has that too? Roll down the armor glass windows and you can experience the same off roading that Polaris will give you.
No way the CT will be anywhere close to the Polaris off road. 1/2 ton trucks are mediocre at best off road, and the CT will have more disadvantages then most 1/2 tons: heavy, air suspension, likely large rims to name a few.

We tow with our 2018 X the A2124 at 55mph, and have gotten over 150 miles (100% to red zone). Normally do 120-130 miles. I figure typically about a 40% hit.
I’m consider downsizing our camper but this one seems more on the micro end, especially with very small water tanks. Longest number of consecutive days and with how many people have you done with out hookups? Used it in temps below freezing if so how cold? To get a 40% hit with something this small and aero confirms my calculations of a up to 70% range reduction pulling a full size camper.

I would tow something light. My model 3 left me on the side of the road after 70 miles and I started with 285 mile of range (60 mph max)
IMG_8817.jpeg

Also learn how to request the right tow truck and how to put it in transport mode, I was towed on the return trip home. So the question might be what kind of tow truck Wiil tow your Cybertruck? Have a trailer lock incase you have to abandon it.

IMG_8996.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m consider downsizing our camper but this one seems more on the micro end, especially with very small water tanks. Longest number of consecutive days and with how many people have you done with out hookups? Used it in temps below freezing if so how cold? To get a 40% hit with something this small and aero confirms my calculations of a up to 70% range reduction pulling a full size camper.
I’ve boondocked 4 to 5 nights several times. Grey water is my constraint. I have solar panel that kept going except for one shady location that rained almost continuously.

I have been below freezing several times. It is not a winter camper.

Reactions: coleAK
I’ve boondocked 4 to 5 nights several times. Grey water is my constraint. I have solar panel that kept going except for one shady location that rained almost continuously.

I have been below freezing several times. It is not a winter camper.
Thank you. I can see below freezing temps any month of the year and once gets to mid August lows in the 30’sF are common. September when we are hunting regularly get temps in the teens F. This was one of the big reasons (that and lack of storage) we got rid of the airstream. My ORV is 4 season rated with heating duct work around the water lines.

This one says 4 seasons and it's got a metal exterior like the CT, and even Stainless on the interior:

1690496486104.png

This one says 4 seasons and it's got a metal exterior like the CT, and even Stainless on the interior:

View attachment 960171

It starts at $125k USD not including shipping to the US…. And the front profile is a vertical wall, so will destroy range.

Much smaller than that Living Vehicle I was looking at and much cheaper. All I really want is something efficient and immune to the elements. Too many leaking metal or fiberglass RVs in my past. May just have to get an Airstream or some custom truck camper for the CT