Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are your top 5 upgrades/accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blackvue DR900X 4K UHD

I installed the camera behind the rearview mirror, and not directly sticked to the windshield,
so it is not really noticeable from outside. Someone used a Blendmount holder, which is cleaner but a little bit pricey.

View attachment 887901 View attachment 887902

Interesting set up. Is it really less noticeable than the 'normal' stick to the windshield method?

How is the rear one installed?

Where did you go to for the power for this?

I have the Viofo A119S in the Prius and almost bought another (the v3 IIRC) in their recent sale for the Y. It's odd that I haven't done this for the Y yet as I've had cameras for six or seven years now, maybe even longer. I figured the Tesla camera would take care of the rear, and I'm hoping, though tbh not 100% sure that the Tesla dashcam feature would work for the forward view ... maybe I'll get one today

One more ... are you going to paint those bolts black? ;)

I got a seat protector for pets for the back seat. It doesn't actually fit the Y, but I got it from the Goodwill and it looks like brand new. So once I can figure out what it actually does fit, I'll try and sell it

Floor mats (because they should have come with the vehicle at the time of purchase)
Rear cargo area mat (because it should have come with the vehicle at the time of purchase)
Mud flaps (because they should have come with the vehicle at the time of purchase)
Rear door PPF triangle thingies (because they should have come with the vehicle at the time of purchase)
The twisty screen thing, but I haven't installed that yet as I just got used to the regular screen - is it really worth doing?

I also carry a RIGID inflator and a spare battery and a tire repair kit (because . . .

Interesting set up. Is it really less noticeable than the 'normal' stick to the windshield method?

How is the rear one installed?

The rear camera is sticked to the rear windows. You have to be careful not overlapping any defrosting wires who could be damaged.

Where did you go to for the power for this?

From the 12V auxilliary plug.

The camera get disconnected when the car is sleepping.
However, I have an extension from the ODBC2 plug to get a not interrupted 12V.
This allows me, when needed, to keep the camera recording all the night even when the car is sleeping.
The camera can be accessed remotely from the cloud when the camera is connected to a WiFi hotspot..

Note: The Tesla Sentry cameras are now remotely accessible, but Sentry mode drains the car battery quickly,
so I prefer keep the car sleeping and access the dashcam from the cloud.

Did you drill that in?

I was thinking that I used the bolts because the 3M tape was pelling but I was wrong.
I initialy used the 3M tape but I didn't realised that the plastic cover was curbed.
So the camera was slightly slented.

The solution then could be to put the base of the camera in the middle of the Tesla cover.
But the base of the camera is on the right side of the camera so it would not be symetrical then.
Adding some small screws allowed me to adjust the camera horizontally.

One more ... are you going to paint those bolts black? ;)
Honestly, the screws are very tiny and not noticeable.
They look shinny only because I used a flash when taking the picture.

Reactions: EVer Hopeful

Attachments

• Tesla Model Y Subtrunk Bin.jpg
    Tesla Model Y Subtrunk Bin.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 95