Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are your top 5 upgrades/accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since acquiring my 2022 MYP in March I've spent a little over $6000 in upgrades and accessories. To some of you that's a lot, and to others just a drop in the bucket! So after nine months and 35 accessories later, what are the top 5 things I'm glad I installed? I'll list mine and you list yours.

In no particular order:
1. Swivel screen kit by RPM
2. Tinting the front windows
3. Roof sunshade with blackout screen (EVFIT/RPM)
4. Front and rear seat floor mats (Tuxmat)
5. 19" Stance SF03 wheels and Michelin PS4S tires

What are your top 5?

#1 - Dashcam
- with high resolution camera, and
- recording all the time when driving, and
- with separate recording for the front and the rear cameras.

#2 - 12V Bluetooth Battery Monitor / ODBC2 Bluetooth scanner and Scan My Tesla phone App.

#3 - Neoprene car seat covers (Wet Okole)

#4 - Spare tire (and heavy duty scissors jacks, low profile floor jack, torque wrench...)

#5 - Bike rack carrier (Quik Rack Mach2)

Last edited:
#1 - Dashcam
- with high resolution camera, and
- recording all the time when driving, and
- with separate recording for the front and the rear cameras.

#2 - 12V Bluetooth Battery Monitor / ODBC2 Bluetooth scanner and Scan My Tesla phone App.

#3 - Neoprene car seat covers (Wet Okole)

#4 - Spare tire (and heavy duty scissors jacks, low profile floor jack, torque wrench...)

#5 - Bike rack carrier (Quik Rack Mach2)
Which dashcam did you install? Wire all tucked in and hidden too?

‘23 MYP:
Full PPF wrap, full ceramic coating, window tint (all at the same shop)
295/35/21 Michelin Pilot Sport AS (rear)
BONOSS 14mm and 18mm wheel spacers
All weather floor mats
Temai center console cup holders

ETA: if we’re counting a Tesla wall connector as an “accessory” then the purchase and installation was a wise investment for me as well.

Last edited:
‘23 MYP:
Full PPF wrap, full ceramic coating, window tint (all at the same shop)
295/35/21 Michelin Pilot Sport AS (rear)
BONOSS 14mm and 18mm wheel spacers
All weather floor mats
Temai center console cup holders

ETA: if we’re counting a Tesla wall connector as an “accessory” then the purchase and installation was a wise investment for me as well.
I didn't think about the wall connector but that's what I consider an essential item for home charging. It is indeed a wise investment!

Which dashcam did you install?

Blackvue DR900X 4K UHD

Wire all tucked in and hidden too?

I installed the camera behind the rearview mirror, and not directly sticked to the windshield,
so it is not really noticeable from outside. Someone used a Blendmount holder, which is cleaner but a little bit pricey.

Blackvue Mirror  Install .jpg Dashcam Mounting Bracket .jpg

1. S3XY buttons: Lots of new functionalities added since I purchased initially. Very fun and functional.
2. RPM Tesla matte carbon fiber dash replacement: I love the look.
3. Tuxmat all weather floormats: Maximum coverage for messy MN winters.
4. Jowua center console USB hub/tray: Love the functionality of this combo. My car has USB data in the console so this really amplifies the functionality of those USB ports.
5. Brake light/turn-signal combo light installed in tow-hitch cover area: I think it looks great and kind of distinguishes my MYP from most others. Too bad I could never see it in action while I'm driving.

22 MYP

1. ditch the skinny OEM wheel/tire combo day one , add some meat, 305-35-20 in the back...255 -40-R20 in the front..will go bigger next set. Hit a curb a couple days ago...if i was on OEM, still be wiping tears away.
2. PPF, minimum front of car, MUST do the rocker panels. 1st car was gray, more durable paint, 2nd car blue, not as durable. Noticed chipping immediately, added the rocker PPF
3. Ceramic coat everything. The paint, the glass, the interior. everything. Makes cleanup a breeze.
4. Tuxmat front and back, cargo cover in rear. Tote in the frunk. I work out of my car. Nice to have everything for work separate.
5. Magbak wireless phone charger. Nice to throw Waze on the phone while driving.

1. Tesmanian Floor Mats including front, rear, cargo, frunk, subtrunk, and seat backs.
  2. Tesmanian Retractable Cargo Cover.
  3. Tesla Trunk Storage Bins with covers.
  4. Carkoopy Center Console Module with upgraded panel to restore data functionality with 2 USB-C high-speed charging ports and 4 USB-A data ports. No hub needed.
  5. Tesla Center Console and Armrest Storage Trays.
If the Tesla Wall Connector counts as an accessory, then that would be #1 for me.
Bonus for car care: Griot's Garage Ceramic Car Wash, 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax, and Ceramic Speed Shine.

1. S3XY buttons hands down the best modification ever.
2. Fullshade roof sun shade, looks OEM and this is how the car should have come from the factory.
3. Center screen swivel
4. Hansshow drivers touch screen display
5. Yoke wheel so I can touch the Hansshow touch screen display :D

Keith

PS: Lots of other modifications, including auto frunk, wheels and tires, etc but those are my top 5.