Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What about the tow hitch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The audio alerts can be turned off by going into the settings for "Safety & Security" and then tapping the gear icon in the upper right to view more options. From here, you can disable the Park Assist Chimes. I've tested this with my bike rack + bike and it works.
I just noticed that there’s an easier way to turn off the audio alerts! I’m not sure if this has always been there, but there is a little speaker icon to the left of the car info display that you can just tap to turn it off. I circled it in my photo below.

Attachments

• FE851B03-507D-4126-A256-77D07DE393ED.jpeg
    FE851B03-507D-4126-A256-77D07DE393ED.jpeg
    782 KB · Views: 127
I just noticed that there’s an easier way to turn off the audio alerts! I’m not sure if this has always been there, but there is a little speaker icon to the left of the car info display that you can just tap to turn it off. I circled it in my photo below.
I don't have my 3 yet, but this "X/mute" is similar to how I turn off the alerts on my Model S when I have bikes on the back. And, I will note that this setting seems to stay on after parking, etc. so I don't have to keep re-activating it on future drives; which is nice.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61 and Blue in NC
Hmm, I wonder if they would sell just the 1.25" hitch receiver part, and if it would fit into the same receiver under the bumper since I already have my 2" hitch installed. I might sometimes prefer a 1.25" hitch for a bit of additional clearance.

I also found this: Tesla Model 3 Receiver Adapter XA3010

But it only lists compatibility with the 1.25" hitch. I emailed them for clarification.

Is this just testing for a European tow rating? I can't imagine the 3 getting a tow rating here in the US when the S doesn't have one.

Well Elon did say that the Model 3 would have a hitch. And the manual does say: "Caution: Using Model 3 for towing before Tesla-approved towing components and accessories are available may void the warranty." Which sort of says they plan to supply something.

Good news, I just called them and they said the hitch inserts are interchangeable with the main section that is bolted to the frame of the car.

I'm hella skeptical. Even the part list says, "Compatible with the Tesla Model 3 EcoHitch part number X7374." Tesla Model 3 Receiver Adapter XA3010

This page lists the 1 1/4" version as X7374.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Stealth EcoHitch

Did you specifically ask if the 1 1/4" add-on adapter is compatible with the gen1 2" version?

I'm hella skeptical. Even the part list says, "Compatible with the Tesla Model 3 EcoHitch part number X7374." Tesla Model 3 Receiver Adapter XA3010

This page lists the 1 1/4" version as X7374.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Stealth EcoHitch

Did you specifically ask if the 1 1/4" add-on adapter is compatible with the gen1 2" version?

I'm still skeptical myself but I asked "If I buy the 2" receiver option and later decide I wanted the 1.25", can I just buy the replacement 1.25" insert and swap it out?" and he said "Yes, no problem".

Regardless, I'd hate to install my 2" kit and find out that wasn't the case though. My driveway has a pretty aggressive transition and I'm a bit nervous the 2" is going to bottom out. Anyone have feedback on how the ground clearance is?

Reactions: Blue in NC