Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

west los angeles body shop SELF-PAID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
unfortunately, my hitech car decided not to alert me to a low concrete barrier as I backed out and thus ended up hitting my front and front-side badly (also the light). probably $3k to $5k in damage. I don't understand why a hi-tech car with 359 cameras on it could neither alert me nor stop before I drove into it.

I plan to pay for the repairs myself. are there any good west los angeles body shops that quote me not as a "milk-the-insurance" customer? although I have the standard model 3 in white, I presume body shops don't have easy access to recycled parts from rear-ended vehicles, as I would be ok with those, too.

does anyone have a good recommendation?

Oh sh*t, sorry about that. I’ve done this twice.
Once in my wife’s 2004 CRV. Parked on a side street in front of Starbucks. I backed up to give myself room to get out of the spot I was in and hit one of those low lying steel handrailings that was barely a handrail because I couldn’t see it out the back window. It was quite a thud and scrape on the back bumper. So upset at myself for that.

Then in my 2007 Subaru spec B, that had a back up camera, backing into a spot. I didn’t see a low laying concrete support for the lamp post. I was watching the post not seeing the concrete and I smacked it pretty hard. So frustrating! It’s true you think the sensors would help and they do in a lot of cases but obviously not every time.

Sorry again about the mishap, but I’m sure you’ll get it fixed up as good as new again. I agree it’s a wise move not to go through Insurance.

Upvote 0