Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web Browser Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mainly to be able to say I tried it, I used the browser to send an email reply while sitting in a parking lot. Very awkward. The shift key acts as caps lock key (?!). Also no cursor movement keys or mouse-like capability, so editing is difficult. I had to try to tap the screen about where I wanted to change something and backspace over it first. The browser will not be my first choice for text entry when I have other alternatives until it works more like a mainstream tablet browser.

yes I also have a very slow browser, not sure the problem is only the browsers fault, as I also have large problems with map tiles and internet radio, constant loosing connection for several minutes, even when I have full bars
if I do a SpeedOf.Me, HTML5 Speed Test | Non Flash/Java Broadband Speed Test speed test in the car I get a very low result 30-300kbit 3G and with WiFi it is not much better 100-500kbit and when I test with my iphone3 I get 10mbit 3g and 30mbit on wifi
also when I look at myip.dk I can see that with 3G all the trafic I get a Spanish IP (a 2.500km detur)
I have also noted that the IP in the car very often changes, causing problems with web radio

August 2013 to August 2015 (well almost)

The web browser on the Tesla is still CRAP and after TWO years. My gosh.
I noticed today in a vain attempt to load gmail that it advises that 'this version of Safari is not supported. Use a modern browser like Chrome.' Yea, well I'd love to but..

Tesla should be embarrassed and I'm surprised no one has brought this up at any of the share holder meetings. I mean we've got vegan seats as a topic..which I'm in favor of BTW. But I'm about ready to mount my ipad OVER the Tesla screen. It's got almost everything I need and it's fast!