Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We need to talk about Side Mirror Controls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm done. If I could delete the thread I would. It's not going anywhere.

Huh? Don't leave us hanging; did you try adjusting the reverse tilt to your desired spot for these trouble back-in/parallel spots, save it (one time only), and try it out?

As for the buttons not working--call your local Service Center, IMHO. I rarely adjust mine, but don't remember any trouble, but I almost never adjust them, so they may have been finicky and I just don't recall. I don't even remember how the buttons work; you mentioned looking down at the red light, but can't you just press the left one a couple of times (I know, I know--once should do it! sounds like a bug) and then start manipulating it?

(That said, I'm hoping you try setting a custom auto-tilt and see if it works, now that you know that it's not a one-size-fits-all setting.)

Anyway, good luck!

So if I am not supposed to touch the settings while backing into a tight spot with all these other obstacles all around me, what am I supposed to do? Or if I am trying to parallel park on a busy street and I need to be able to see the curb so need to move the R mirror downwards so the curb is in view as I back in, but . . . don't touch the controls?

set the mirrors to reverse functions in settings...when this is done, and car is in reverse, set mirrors to desired location while in reverse and save settings. Mirrors now have two saved positions, normal for driving and reverse for reverse. Basic car functionality.

I really love the auto tilt down mirrors! Great for parking and backing up. Can't comment on the controls as I adjusted them the day I bought the car and never since, I am, however, easy to impress as this is the first car I have ever had with power mirrors....