Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning, Ft. Tejon Bad Station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Ft. Tejon Supercharger station 2B is defective. The clasp holding the plug has no tension. When opening the door for access, the cable falls out onto your car, plug striking it. It put two dings in my pristine Model S. 12000 careful miles and with parking only in isolated spots and the Tesla Supercharger turned on me.
((The cable fell out like the corpse in the closet in so many movies.))
Use extreme caution if you must use station 2B at the Ft. Tejon Supercharger.
~Larry

The Ft. Tejon Supercharger station 2B is defective. The clasp holding the plug has no tension. When opening the door for access, the cable falls out onto your car, plug striking it. It put two dings in my pristine Model S. 12000 careful miles and with parking only in isolated spots and the Tesla Supercharger turned on me.
((The cable fell out like the corpse in the closet in so many movies.))
Use extreme caution if you must use station 2B at the Ft. Tejon Supercharger.
~Larry

Did you call/email Tesla about it? It's probably more helpful to notify them than us. :)
Walter

I e-mailed Tesla, got an error message. I do not know if they received my e-mail.
I wrote a warning on the cabinet of that station 2B hoping no more damage from this thing, and also posted here and Tesla Blog.
I did not telephone, do not have a number as I am on the road.
Yes, they need to know that this cabinet is defective. They need to know that the clasp design is week.
Apache, There were two of these cupboard type stations at Ft. Tejon. The others were the familiar open design.
~Larry

Last edited:
This shows two of the stations at Ft. Tejon, with two variations of the familiar station.
The near one is the design that caused my problem.
(That's my car on down at station 2B.)
The door is open, the plug is staying in place because the clamp is OK
DSC03727 (640x480).jpg

Here we are plugged in at 2B.
When one opens the door (see the little handle, dark vert. line), one stands to the right in the photo, expecting to reach in to take the plug/cable and connect to the car. Not likely to stand on the other side because the port door is there. But the thing just falls out,striking your nearby car.

DSC03726 (640x480).jpg

This is a photo looking into the cabinet showing the clasp which is to hold the plug until you remove it.
The clasp has no tension. Possibly due to weather or time.

DSC03729 (640x480).jpg

This is not posted in lieu of contacting Tesla. Yes, we see people post here in this Forum doing that, as if WE can do anything about their problem.
This is posted here as a warning. My pristine Tesla was damaged by this thing and I hope no one else will get hit by it.
I hope to get feedback from Tesla from other posts I have made.
Thank you,
~Larry