Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to buy a used Tesla with fusc how do I know...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been lurking here for a while, and I should have already pulled the trigger but I didn’t.

I know that used through Tesla has done away with unlimited supercharging. How do I know if there is free UNLIMITED supercharging on a used Tesla through a dealer or third party.

It seems as though a dealer truly has no idea what there talking to when it comes to a Tesla.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Lawrence

cars built in 2016 and before should have it, with exception of certain S60's (where it was an option) and cars with salvage titles. Consider the actual value to you compared to buying a used car from Tesla or a new M3. Warranty is worth more than free super charging. It is a nice perk, but what is the cash in your pocket and time value ?

• Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I am not sure but when i bought my Model S last yr the rep told me unlimited supercharging is available until i own the car.
I don't know if they are informed about someone selling their car to someone else.

All the best.

I don't know if they are informed about someone selling their car to someone else.

By “they”, I assume you mean Tesla? And yes they are informed as soon as you register the VIN on their website or in the app. My 2016 MS documents state very clearly that FUSC transfers with the car to subsequent owners, so Tesla knowing about the transfer is a mute point.