Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waking up every hour or so at night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other thing to consider would be whether the car is waking up *exactly* every hour, or about every hour. If it’s waking up exactly 60 minutes apart (or 45 minutes apart) or whatever, then it’s more likely a software issue... something happening on a schedule.

If it’s waking up once, then again 49 minutes later, then again 73 minutes later, etc then it would be more likely to be an external influence. The key fob being at the edge of the range or coming close to the car in a pocket.

My guess is that either you are walking by with the key causing it to sense the key and wake up or possibly the key is stored too close to the car and it’s detecting it occasionally and waking up.

Try to keep the key further from the car and see if it still happens.

This is very possible as the keys are stored near-ish to the garage. Will try that tonight. Thanks.

My car did the wake up hourly until a new firmware update popped up. After that it will now sleep for hours. This is per Teslafi. Currently on 2017.48 a774ed8

Maybe your car is 'wanting' to get a new firmware and checking wi-fi status, queue position, mothership, rolling the dice (or whatever algorithm Tesla uses to decide when to download and update).

Did you try keeping your keys far away from the vehicle?

Funny you ask because right before going to bed I grabbed them and took them with me to the bedroom. Our garage is in the "basement" and the bedroom is on the top floor, 2 floors apart.

Here's a screenshot from Teslafi.

ePM1BRr.png

• Informative
Reactions: CarbonFree
I had a similar issue with mine, and it turned out I was keeping my key FOB too close to the car (within 10 ft). Tested it out with my neighbor(who initially noticed it) and I now keep my key FOB on my hallway stairs about 20 ft from the car with no subsequent issues.

I've heard others use an aluminum foil wrapped box for storing key FOBs in the house near the car. (I have not yet tried this myself.)