Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vredestein Quatrac Pro +

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had a set of 4 Vredestein Quatrac Pro + (note the +) on my 2020 Model 3 yesterday. Ordered from Tire Rack, installed at Amerca's Tire. I reset my trip monitor to help me report on wear and energy usage so I can report on those. No reviews on these tires yet. Interesting note...when I first ordered these, the description stated "electric vehicle tuned". I noticed that they dropped that from their description which is odd since that appeared to be the only differentiator from the Quatrac Pro model and a justification for a higher per tire price. One thing for sure, these tires have way more rim protection than my Michelin Primacy tires. I will update again once I have more to say about these. I will be taking a trip from the SF Bay area to LA and parts south next week.

Reactions: Discount Tire
Vredestein (Apollo) are great tires for EVs and ICE alike. Looking forward to hearing more about the Pro+. Rolling resistance is a spec the manufacturer does not disclose, so indepentent testers confirmed that the Hypertrac topped the Quatrac Pro, by a fairly large margin. Wonder how the Pro+ (if really designed for EVs) compares.

Up until two-three years ago they manufactured all their tires in Hungary and then shipped the off globally for regional resale... sometimes selling certain tires exclusively in a given region.

Recently though they started to manufacture tires in the US for the local markets (Canada, US, Mexico) and the tires they are starting to offer here often differ from their EMEA, APAC counterparts.

The Quatrac Pro/Pro+ vs. Quatrac 2 and Pro EV are some region exclusive examples.

Or the fact that Vredestein opted to manufacture an EV tire in EMEA/APAC but Vredestein USA does not and will not sell it, instead opting for a local blend dubbed Pro+.

These lasted 60K miles for me. Yes, nice rim protection. I found them somewhat noisy with a moaning sound on the freeway sometimes.

1000000841.png

Reactions: enemji
I just had a set of 4 Vredestein Quatrac Pro + (note the +) on my 2020 Model 3 yesterday. Ordered from Tire Rack, installed at Amerca's Tire. I reset my trip monitor to help me report on wear and energy usage so I can report on those. No reviews on these tires yet. Interesting note...when I first ordered these, the description stated "electric vehicle tuned". I noticed that they dropped that from their description which is odd since that appeared to be the only differentiator from the Quatrac Pro model and a justification for a higher per tire price. One thing for sure, these tires have way more rim protection than my Michelin Primacy tires. I will update again once I have more to say about these. I will be taking a trip from the SF Bay area to LA and parts south next week.
Just an update on my Vredestein Quatrac Pro + tires. I just completed my first 1000 miles....the bulk being a trip from SF to LA but about 250 miles being local mixed driving. I am averaging approx 232 W/mile during this first 1000 miles. The last 10,000 miles with my Michelin Primacy tires, I averaged 219 W/mile which means, so far, there is a bit of a energy drain using these...but not sure if this number goes up as the tires wear so I may not be comparing apples to apples here. The tires are noticeably quieter than my OEM Michelins on the highway and seem to hold up better in aggressive turns, but I am not overall an aggressive driver (at 67 those days are behind me). I will report back after 5000 miles. So far, I am happy with these tires on my M3.

Just an update on my Vredestein Quatrac Pro + tires. I just completed my first 1000 miles....the bulk being a trip from SF to LA but about 250 miles being local mixed driving. I am averaging approx 232 W/mile during this first 1000 miles. The last 10,000 miles with my Michelin Primacy tires, I averaged 219 W/mile which means, so far, there is a bit of a energy drain using these...but not sure if this number goes up as the tires wear so I may not be comparing apples to apples here. The tires are noticeably quieter than my OEM Michelins on the highway and seem to hold up better in aggressive turns, but I am not overall an aggressive driver (at 67 those days are behind me). I will report back after 5000 miles. So far, I am happy with these tires on my M3.
One last note, the rim protection afforded by these tires is WAY better than what the Michelins provided!