Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there - I searched through the threads as best I could to see if this was already addressed but didn't see anything. Hoping someone has a helpful hint...
I just got my car yesterday and have driven 1 trip so far. I successfully downloaded the app and logged in and I can see my car's info. Most info is there and correct (car specs, battery info, climate info, etc) however no trip data is there and the graph is blank. I made sure prefs are set to collect data for "All". I even tried "Last 7 days" and "This Week" and quit and re-launched the app each time but with no success. Have I missed something in the install or setup that is preventing me from seeing trip data? I am on a MAC and using version 26. Thanks so much...

Hi there - I searched through the threads as best I could to see if this was already addressed but didn't see anything. Hoping someone has a helpful hint...
I just got my car yesterday and have driven 1 trip so far. I successfully downloaded the app and logged in and I can see my car's info. Most info is there and correct (car specs, battery info, climate info, etc) however no trip data is there and the graph is blank. I made sure prefs are set to collect data for "All". I even tried "Last 7 days" and "This Week" and quit and re-launched the app each time but with no success. Have I missed something in the install or setup that is preventing me from seeing trip data? I am on a MAC and using version 26. Thanks so much...
The app has to be up and running, while you're driving, to collect the data.

Ok thanks. I was under the impression that it pulled your historical driving data from the Tesla server. I have a friend that works for Tesla and they can pull all the backend data - I guess that's just not publicly available. Thanks for the clarification. Looks like I will be keeping this app on and my computer on constantly now :)

I too have problem with login... It's my first time trying the app on my Win7 64-bit laptop. Version is 0.25.08.

My username (email address) contains a-z characters and numbers only, and of course, the @ and . signs.
My password contains a-z characters (mixed in UPPERCASE and lowercase) and numbers only. No special signs.

When I attempt to log in, I keep getting the error window "Problem logging in"
The window says:
Login failed - Please check your credentials
Remember to use your email address as your username

...which I think I did type everything correctly.

The official Tesla app works fine on my Android phone, with the same user name (email address) and password.

Any ideas?

Re: login issues. Like some others, I can not log into my account (Newest Version w/OS X and fresh Java). The wheel spins, and with no error message, I simply can't continue.

NOW, I happen to have a second account, and I have no problem logging into *that* account (only it has no car assigned). The differences between accounts are: the non-working Email has a dash in it and end in .de, the password is 14 characters (upper, lower case, digits). The working Email address is shorter, has no "." before the "@", only letters after the "@", and ends in .com , the password is similar, but only 8 characters long.

Maybe this helps to find the bug... ;-)

- Matthias

PS on the login subject: I changed my Email address and password to the working set (only changed one character), and it still does not work. The issue seems to be in the account or in the reply from the Tesl server, not in any non-letter characters in the login. Sorry.

Make sure you use your email and not your user name for the Tesla login, and of course your credentials for teslamotors.com and not teslamotorsclub.com ;-).

Also, can you connect with the iPhone or android app?

Make sure you use your email and not your user name for the Tesla login, and of course your credentials for teslamotors.com and not teslamotorsclub.com ;-).

Also, can you connect with the iPhone or android app?

Sigh. The forum software has deleted two lengthy emails, explaining my login process. I am a software engineer and tried to describe the process so that the author can hopefully find the bug. Here we go again:

Yes, my Android Tesla app works fine.

On VisibleTesla, I use the same credentials. The wheel in the lower left spins for four seconds, then vanishes, and nothing changes (I am back to the original login prompt). If I enter wrong credentials, I get a dialog box complaining bout it.

1: my login contains a dot before the @ and a dash in the middle of the word after the @. I have a second login without these characters which works fine. I then changed the first login accordingly, but it still did *not* work. Interesting.

2: I *do* manage to login with my main account using curl. This is the order of commands:

curl -c cookie.curl
https://portal.vn.teslamotors.com/login

> gives me the "login" prompt

curl -b cookie.curl -c cookie.curl -d "user_session[email protected]&user_session[password]=abc" https://portal.vn.teslamotors.com/login

> gives me a redirect to the same url without "/login"
[/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco]
curl -b cookie.curl -c cookie.curl -d "user_session[email][email protected]&user_session[password]=abc" https://portal.vn.teslamotors.com/

> gives me a screen with a "logout" link. I am in!

[/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco]curl -b cookie.curl https://portal.vn.teslamotors.com/vehicles[/FONT]

> lists my car. Yay!

Last edited:
Sigh. The forum software has deleted two lengthy emails, explaining my login process. I am a software engineer and tried to describe the process so that the author can hopefully find the bug. Here we go again:

Yes, my Android Tesla app works fine.

On VisibleTesla, I use the same credentials. The wheel in the lower left spins for four seconds, then vanishes, and nothing changes (I am back to the original login prompt). If I enter wrong credentials, I get a dialog box complaining bout it.

Same here. Iphone works fine. In my email and pasword no other characters then numbers and small and capital letters. Password contains 15 characters. (maybe length is important to?)

Sorry for the absence from the thread. Between helping to care for a sick family member and work, I have virtually zero free time.

The problem with defining areas in the Notify tab happened when Google switched to their new maps implementation. The method I use to display the maps is no longer compatible. It's relatively easy to switch to a different approach that will work with the new API.

As for login problems, the quickest thing to do is for someone to change their password temporarily, share it with me, let me try to log in to your car so I can debug it, and then change it back. I've done this with another user in the past, but I completely understand if no one is willing to do this. In that case I will create a new version with more logging information and we can make a few iterations until I can locate the problem via logs.

Hope all is well with the family first and foremost.

A first for me last night.. got this:

2014-03-29 23:00:03
Your car is not plugged in!

This despite the fact my car was plugged in. After I got it I checked VT and indeed it depicted the cable connected, and indicated 40A of pilot current. Went out and verified physically the car was plugged in, and that the dash also agreed that the car was plugged in and scheduled to charge.

Odd... I've had VT unable to reach my car previously, and advise such, but I've never seen it provide the wrong status...

Update on Login Problems

Thanks to a forum member who allowed me to debug using his car, I found a problem that impacts the login process. I've sent him a version with a fix and he has confirmed that it is working for him. If you are also having a login problem, please download the test version here. I will include this fix in the next release.

For anyone who cares, here is a description of the problem. Tesla describes your car's options using codes. For example, if your car has a Performance exterior, Tesla indicates this with the code "X019". If your car has paint armor, it is indicated by the code "PA01". The problem in this case is that Tesla is sending a new kind of code that is formatted differently from all the others. VisibleTesla was choking when it encountered the code and not logging the error. I now handle this and I also added some additional logging so other unforeseen errors (not just unexpected codes) will be logged.

- - - Reply to scaesare - - -

Hope all is well with the family first and foremost.

A first for me last night.. got this:

2014-03-29 23:00:03
Your car is not plugged in!

This despite the fact my car was plugged in. After I got it I checked VT and indeed it depicted the cable connected, and indicated 40A of pilot current. Went out and verified physically the car was plugged in, and that the dash also agreed that the car was plugged in and scheduled to charge.

Odd... I've had VT unable to reach my car previously, and advise such, but I've never seen it provide the wrong status...

Hi scaesare,

I have a little free time this morning and saw your post. Sorry about the problem.

I use pilot current in several places to let me know when the car is plugged in. Unfortunately it is one of the most troublesome pieces of data in the interface. As a result, if I VisibleTesla is told that the pilot current is zero, it asks again to ensure it gets the same answer. VisibleTesla only does notifications like the one you mentioned after two reports of zero pilot current. This *usually* is enough to ferret out the real status. Apparently it's not always enough. The cable may have shown in VT because the next request did return the proper value. I'll think about how to make this more reliable in the face of intermittent data glitches.

In the mean time, I will add a note to the documentation, and perhaps even the notification, that tells people to double check the status before walking outside to see what's going on.

Joe

Last edited:
Tried the new test version with solution for login and..... IT WORKS! Perfect.

Found 1 thing in the details. It says Supercharger: false? Twin charger true. Can I read this info as correct? Do I need to contact Tesla before trying to use a supercharger? The only other thing that is not correct is Parcel Shelf: false. But I,m planning a trip in a week and need 3 superchargers, that's why it's important!

Jpasqua, great piece of software and great support!

Same here, has tested with the new test version which works.

I have as well Supercharger = False with my S85. But can not test since there is no supercharger in Denmark and the nearest is probably 600km from here...

/Martin