Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Virginia Registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sreymj

Jun 2, 2022
USA
I have a couple questions:

I purchased an M3 while I was living in MD and it was registered in said state. The registration is about to expire. I paid off the loan last month. Does anyone know if MD mails you the title or do you have to go to the DMV to obtain it.

Also, I currently live in VA. I would like to register the vehicle in VA. As for the inspection, if I got an inspection done per Tesla a couple months ago, does that satisfy the inspection requirement needed to get a VA registration?

Thanks for any help in advance!

I have a couple questions:

I purchased an M3 while I was living in MD and it was registered in said state. The registration is about to expire. I paid off the loan last month. Does anyone know if MD mails you the title or do you have to go to the DMV to obtain it.

Also, I currently live in VA. I would like to register the vehicle in VA. As for the inspection, if I got an inspection done per Tesla a couple months ago, does that satisfy the inspection requirement needed to get a VA registration?

Thanks for any help in advance!
Contact the Motor Vehicle Administration and ask them. If you can’t find your answer on the webpage call them.

Upvote 0