Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vinfast Impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there are also quite a few videos from 2023, out there of ppl takin the vf8 across the country from california to new york to florida and back again to california... to mexico to canada etc... so ppl takin long trips across the country in the vf8 was already been done in 2023...

over the weekend i joined some vinfast group on facebook and was goin over ppl who reserved an vf8 and pkup of the car was flawless whether in north carolina or california... seems like service was good all around... some ppl had mobile service and those were good as well... seems like very little bs drama in the facebook space...

i ll do a test drive of the car in southern california next week and will report back with pic photo and comments...

Last edited:
there are also quite a few videos from 2023, out there of ppl takin the vf8 across the country from california to new york to florida and back again to california... to mexico to canada etc... so ppl takin long trips across the country in the vf8 was already been done in 2023...

i ll do a test drive of the car in southern california next week and will report back with pic photo and comments...
I test drove one in Ventura a few months back. The interior was definitely roomy and the materials were very nice. The gear shifting console was a bit peculiar. When in sport mode it accelerates very nicely. Be carefull when not in sport mode if expecting regen braking like a Tesla. You gotta use the brakes.

Reactions: oldsport
Hey funny guys: Watch me drive my VinFast VF8, your "Worst Reviewed Car in America"

this guy drove "autopilot" or lane centering tech of vinfast for nearly an whole hour and no glitch...

guess when u know what ur doin or use it properly it just works...

for ppl lookin to learn more about the vf8 from a someone who knows a thing or two about cars and has no skin in the game...

I didn't watch the entire video yet, but did you catch the part at the beginning where the guy says he bought 200 shares of Vinfast stocks?

Hey funny guys: Watch me drive my VinFast VF8, your "Worst Reviewed Car in America"

this guy drove "autopilot" or lane centering tech of vinfast for nearly an whole hour and no glitch...

guess when u know what ur doin or use it properly it just works...

In fairness, the primary driver of the VF8 from Out of Spec is going to be Francie, and she said she enjoyed using the driver assistance during her roadtrip back to Tennessee from North Carolina.

I definitely don't have any skins in this game, and I thought it was weird that Vinfast tried to enter the US market at the top of their segment instead of the bottom. But it looks like the lease deals make them more toward the bottom, so I guess that could work for them. Time will tell.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I didn't watch the entire video yet, but did you catch the part at the beginning where the guy says he bought 200 shares of Vinfast stocks?

In fairness, the primary driver of the VF8 from Out of Spec is going to be Francie, and she said she enjoyed using the driver assistance during her roadtrip back to Tennessee from North Carolina.

I definitely don't have any skins in this game, and I thought it was weird that Vinfast tried to enter the US market at the top of their segment instead of the bottom. But it looks like the lease deals make them more toward the bottom, so I guess that could work for them. Time will tell.
Francie had a tough time with the software bugs. The charging is pretty bad but at least the range was pretty good. Its going to be an interesting long-termer.

Reactions: zoomer0056

well the driver reviewer s video has pic photo of kyle outspec and donut reviewers in mind for the video - i think he was intending to repudiate kyle and donut for their wonky application of or lack of understanding thereof of the adas system as well as general operation of the vf8..

re the segment of market entrance... vinfast incorporated a lot of tesla strategy as well as byd in their overall plan of breaking the ev market... i think that is brilliant... tesla is genius in execution and byd is not too shabby either...

in fact the overall design of vinfast ev s carry alot of tesla elements... when you see success, replicate and grow... no need to reinvent the wheel...

Last edited:
Francie had a tough time with the software bugs. The charging is pretty bad but at least the range was pretty good. Its going to be an interesting long-termer.

fancie had mentioned that since kyle rushed to get the car and ended up with a different car than they were supposed to pkup, francie s profile email etc did not register with the car they pkdup - ie no wifi connectivity and no profile for proper map charge planning - ie no preconditioning... owise the car charged at every station except for defective stations.... anyway in their summary and talks they left that detail out, that the glitches were in fact related to car owner allaocation or registration...

anyway i ve seen plenty reviews and seems like outofspec will go out of their way to make anything possible to go wrong they will do it... good drama for audience to tune in next time...

i have never driven an vf8 before, i will def be including charging experience in my test drive comin up and report back to y all - good bad ugly etc

Last edited:
fancie had mentioned that since kyle rushed to get the car and ended up with a different car than they were supposed to pkup, francie s profile email etc did not register with the car they pkdup - ie no wifi connectivity and no profile for proper map charge planning - ie no preconditioning... owise the car charged at every station except for defective stations.... anyway in their summary and talks they left that detail out, that the glitches were in fact related to car owner allaocation or registration...

anyway i ve seen plenty reviews and seems like outofspec will go out of their way to make anything possible to go wrong they will do it... good drama for audience to tune in next time...

i have never driven an vf8 before, i will def be including charging experience in my test drive comin up and report back to y all - good bad ugly etc

The infotainment just froze driving it around too. Thats not related to registration...its just bugs. Also, the car literally didn't know it was charging and thought the car was moving. Also gave a ton of battery overheating warnings but was only at 95 degrees. A host of software or charging issues throughout the video without a single Kyle in sight. We know the car has bugs...lets not sugar coat this.

The infotainment just froze driving it around too. Thats not related to registration...its just bugs. Also, the car literally didn't know it was charging and thought the car was moving. Also gave a ton of battery overheating warnings but was only at 95 degrees. A host of software or charging issues throughout the video without a single Kyle in sight. We know the car has bugs...lets not sugar coat this.

the black screen was something that other drivers had reported and did get resolved w service center visits...

i think i said it before that vinfast could use more talented software engineers...

on ao note i have come to take lotta subjective reviews and flybynight online influencers reviews w a grain of salt...

back when tesla was just breaking into the car market, big oil w legacy automakers and many others were just stacking up against teslan in every form and shape whether it was attacks on wallstreet stock market or online media blitz w constant doomsday prediction of low quality products w no demand and eventuality of bankruptcy... tesla on fires... tesla in crashes... etc...

well vinfast has its share of enemies as well... time will tell...

car1.jpg

sticker
mpge 46
??????????????????

is that possible?
i would say the mpge of any standard vf8 is 89...

the range on this vf8+ standard model per my drive around southern california is 250+ on a full charge... so on the eco trim i d say range is more 290+...

this is why i say vf8 mpge is 89 - so to compare 2 similar weight ev s i will take a 2019 tesla model s 75d and 2023 standard vf8 eco - standard listing info

2019 mx 75d
weight 5700 lb
battery 75kw
range 240 mi
mpge 100

2023 standard vf8 eco
weight 5700 lb
battery 87 kw
range 264 mi
mpge 89

most reviews of standard vf8 get 250 range and most reviews of mx 75d get 220 range...

so efficiency of vf8 and mx isn t that much different...

the hell w those stickers...