Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vinfast Impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought this whole video was hilarious

so apparently rambling kyle is still rambling without error check mode and just add wrong inadequate info that are superficial at best...

1) just googling, one can see the ice cars vinfast sold over the years look similar to a few models of bmw w apparent body changes - not merely rebadging as kyle says
2) using chargepoint can be done via apple pay or plain phone wallet
3) the car won t charge at a tesla supercharger... plain rambling...
4) the whole rambling about how the key is upsidedown etc... more moronic rambling...
5) the overall approach is on the negative side - look at title - at every aspect of the video is just pure assumptions (mostly negative) that shows themselves to be sometimes true...

so overall this is kyle comin back in revenge mode in the video...
he could educate himself better before he opens his mouth...
but if you want more objective reviews plz look at this one>>> even tho it s not very positive...

225 seems rather narrow for such a heavy car...

vf1.png

So.... these are like the Titanic of the EV world?

i wouldn t look at vinast as that...

currently rivian is loosing 30k for every car they sell - build cost 120k, sale price 80k, profit -30k... demand is down, inventory is up, and even with ramping up of production the build cost is still 120k for a foreseeable future... and this is the genius of tesla, they make more they profit more... only tesla...

as for vinfast, factories in north carolina, india, indonesia, phillippines, vietnam... expansion looks promising...

Reactions: zoomer0056
Review of reviewers:

It went over the issues of:
1. Start up: False
2. Blinkers: False
3. Chimes: True
4. ADAS: True
5. Reverse shudders: False
6. Ride quality: True
7. Acellerting Pedal: True
8. Dead Battery: False

The car came out too fast and early before it was ready, so bugs are expected. It's ideal for bug testers who enjoy seeing how the bugs are fixed along the way.

It does reward bug testers:

• Type 1 issues cause inconvenience(s) that do not impact the use of the vehicle. Eligible customers will receive USD 100 for each Type 1 issue they experience.

• Type 2 issues render a vehicle inoperable. In addition to providing roadside assistance, VinFast will provide eligible customers with USD 300 for each Type 2 issue they experience.

• Type 3 issues require a repair time of more than three days. From the fourth day onward, eligible customers will receive USD 100 for each additional day that their vehicle is being serviced by VinFast.

here is response to dunut s review... donut s is a joke... purposely lookin like an idiot for attention...

Vinfast has a 75 MPGe rating. Not good.
based on google search mpge for cars are

model x - 100
vinfast vf8 - 89
bmw ix - 87
f150 lightning - 70
rivian r1t - 70
etc...

i saw o reviews and in general ppl got 240 and more out of their vf8 - out of spec reviews just whacky hit or miss... cannot trust it on this one...

furhtermore the vf8 s frame is based on the bmw x5 / ix - similar weight and the design is by pininfarina so i doubt the vf8 is so bad as it lags that much behind comparable bmw ix mpge...

based on google search mpge for cars are

model x - 100
vinfast vf8 - 89
bmw ix - 87
f150 lightning - 70
rivian r1t - 70
etc...

i saw o reviews and in general ppl got 240 and more out of their vf8 - out of spec reviews just whacky hit or miss... cannot trust it on this one...

furhtermore the vf8 s frame is based on the bmw x5 / ix - similar weight and the design is by pininfarina so i doubt the vf8 is so bad as it lags that much behind comparable bmw ix mpge...
I glimpsed the window sticker they posted. Just by looking at it, with a 75mpge.....I threw it out the window. lol

VinFAST isn't good enough for me. Sorry.

I glimpsed the window sticker they posted. Just by looking at it, with a 75mpge.....I threw it out the window. lol

VinFAST isn't good enough for me. Sorry.

well there s a car for everybody out there... you can choose a nissan ariya, vw id4, tesla my, hyundai ioniq, kia kona, audi etron, bmw ix... etc...

too bad you don t have a pic of the sticker w that info on it, when i go test drive it next time i ll be sure to take a picture and post on here for everybody to see the mpge... but as far as google search goes the mpge for the vf8 is 89 and the ix 87... makes sense but i ll post a picture of car sticker soon...

also you have to remmeber that the city edition is the lower range old battery tech that is no longer used in vinfast cars going foward... those had lower mpge which are not even available to buy or lease anymore... the new cars w/ the new batteries are rated mpge 89...

anyway i have seen other reviews using subtitle translation even where most ppl have driven the vf8 in california w/ 240+ miles on full charge and some very good feedbacks recently post software updates, suspension revisions, fast mobile service, etc... plus it s got 10 year waranty...

anyway my test drive is comin up soon so will snap some pics and make some comments afterward... wo ridiculous erroneous ramblings...

Last edited:
so apparently rambling kyle is still rambling without error check mode and just add wrong inadequate info that are superficial at best...

1) just googling, one can see the ice cars vinfast sold over the years look similar to a few models of bmw w apparent body changes - not merely rebadging as kyle says
2) using chargepoint can be done via apple pay or plain phone wallet
3) the car won t charge at a tesla supercharger... plain rambling...
4) the whole rambling about how the key is upsidedown etc... more moronic rambling...
5) the overall approach is on the negative side - look at title - at every aspect of the video is just pure assumptions (mostly negative) that shows themselves to be sometimes true...

so overall this is kyle comin back in revenge mode in the video...
he could educate himself better before he opens his mouth...
but if you want more objective reviews plz look at this one>>> even tho it s not very positive...

I guess Kyle is generally negative toward Vinfast, but they did lease one for 3 years, so they do plan on doing videos with it. One just got posted today.

Didn't you plan on buying a Vinfast? Is that still in the cards?

I guess Kyle is generally negative toward Vinfast, but they did lease one for 3 years, so they do plan on doing videos with it. One just got posted today.

Didn't you plan on buying a Vinfast? Is that still in the cards?

i have posted several links of negative reviews of the vf8 on this thread, i have no problem w them especially if they re factual... unlike out of spec w ridiculous attention grabbing biases and donut wo ever havin done any ev review before their vf8 review - basically donut is gearheads anti-ev review...

i have driven almost evey ev out there... pt in case is my comparison of the lucid air vs model s - i like the rear compartment of the lucid bc its luxury - that s it - the driving is terrible to me compared to the model s, but yet some ppl says the lucid drives like a dream... that s subjective stuff you can argue... even compared to my model x the lucid is still terrible... i d rather drive my nissan leaf than a lucid air... but so far the model 3 is the best driver car imo...

i did put off the vf8 purchase to get a jetson one flying ev... but you never know, at 250/mth lease i may just pkup one after the test drive...

Last edited:
well there s a car for everybody out there... you can choose a nissan ariya, vw id4, tesla my, hyundai ioniq, kia kona, audi etron, bmw ix... etc...

too bad you don t have a pic of the sticker w that info on it, when i go test drive it next time i ll be sure to take a picture and post on here for everybody to see the mpge... but as far as google search goes the mpge for the vf8 is 89 and the ix 87... makes sense but i ll post a picture of car sticker soon...

also you have to remmeber that the city edition is the lower range old battery tech that is no longer used in vinfast cars going foward... those had lower mpge which are not even available to buy or lease anymore... the new cars w/ the new batteries are rated mpge 89...

anyway i have seen other reviews using subtitle translation even where most ppl have driven the vf8 in california w/ 240+ miles on full charge and some very good feedbacks recently post software updates, suspension revisions, fast mobile service, etc... plus it s got 10 year waranty...

anyway my test drive is comin up soon so will snap some pics and make some comments afterward... wo ridiculous erroneous ramblings...
The window sticker was on the review in the video? I didn't just pull it out of my arse. I'm sorry.

There was this car maker that wanted to break into the US car market. They brought in short line of cars in and started a line of advertising. What got me interested was the price. Dirt cheap. Granted what you got was just a basic four wheels and a motor car with no air conditioning. But hey, you got something that moved forward on its own power.

Long term of the car I bought wasn’t great. In fact it was pretty bad. Transmissions went out on a regular basis. Three over the life of the car as I had it. Vehicle was made with recycled steel which made corrosion a real issue. But hey, it was cheap.

Finally it was time to get this rust bucket gone and get something else. Sold it to an acquaintance who had only a few hundred bucks for a vehicle. Felt bad when I heard that the driver’s side door fell off because of rust at the door hinges. Even still the new owner wasn’t too upset. But hey, it was cheap.

The car? Datsun 210. Datsun, doesn’t ring a bell? The parent company created a new brand to enter the US market so that if it failed it wouldn’t dirty the name of the parent company. Oh, the parent company? Nissan.

Two things to take away from this story. A new mark trying to squeeze into the US car market is going to have a hard time getting some footing no matter where it’s from. If you are not an early adopter just sit back with a box of popcorn and see what happens. You just might be surprised.

What got Nissan going was them offering a dirt cheap vehicle. Yes it was a throw away car. Yes it had issues. But hey, it was cheap. Looking forward I see Tesla with their next gen $25,000 USD vehicle to be a game changer. Broke ass college graduates. People like myself who were just entering the workforce. There is your target market. Gut feeling is that this next gen vehicle sales will be better than people predict.

Give Vinfast a chance. Maybe not ready for prime time today but let’s see how the company responds to sticking its toe in the US market.

The window sticker was on the review in the video? I didn't just pull it out of my arse. I'm sorry.

yup your response is exactly the type of response kyle outspec would give to world readin your mind...

any video w kyle outspec in it i will just skip bc i just get a headache from the bs rambling...

i would post a screenshot of the vid a jpeg pic photo to show my point and not use fancy words to prove my point...

There was this car maker that wanted to break into the US car market. They brought in short line of cars in and started a line of advertising. What got me interested was the price. Dirt cheap. Granted what you got was just a basic four wheels and a motor car with no air conditioning. But hey, you got something that moved forward on its own power.

Long term of the car I bought wasn’t great. In fact it was pretty bad. Transmissions went out on a regular basis. Three over the life of the car as I had it. Vehicle was made with recycled steel which made corrosion a real issue. But hey, it was cheap.

Finally it was time to get this rust bucket gone and get something else. Sold it to an acquaintance who had only a few hundred bucks for a vehicle. Felt bad when I heard that the driver’s side door fell off because of rust at the door hinges. Even still the new owner wasn’t too upset. But hey, it was cheap.

The car? Datsun 210. Datsun, doesn’t ring a bell? The parent company created a new brand to enter the US market so that if it failed it wouldn’t dirty the name of the parent company. Oh, the parent company? Nissan.

Two things to take away from this story. A new mark trying to squeeze into the US car market is going to have a hard time getting some footing no matter where it’s from. If you are not an early adopter just sit back with a box of popcorn and see what happens. You just might be surprised.

What got Nissan going was them offering a dirt cheap vehicle. Yes it was a throw away car. Yes it had issues. But hey, it was cheap. Looking forward I see Tesla with their next gen $25,000 USD vehicle to be a game changer. Broke ass college graduates. People like myself who were just entering the workforce. There is your target market. Gut feeling is that this next gen vehicle sales will be better than people predict.

Give Vinfast a chance. Maybe not ready for prime time today but let’s see how the company responds to sticking its toe in the US market.

i agree... the lease on vf8 right now @ 250/mth is dirt cheap... even trailer park trash cmaster can afford to get one and give us a review on it...

just remember i m not recommending vinfast to anyone... if the vf8 was really that great i d have bought one already... but fair is fair... no bs...

Last edited: