Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN unassigned after financing check issued?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a VIN for the last week or so and was ready for delivery on the 30th. The SA even confirmed the exact delivery date and time, app reflected the same.

I went ahead and got my financing figured out via DCU. They shipped the check overnight yesterday and it’s supposed to arrive Tesla Fremont this morning.

The VIN is now unassigned, and upon digging, I found out that due to logistics issues and weather delays, they decided to give that VIN to someone else. I have a new EDD of Jan 2-3.

Anyone know what I can do with the check now that is arriving at Tesla? They won’t cash it, but DCU won’t void it either without having the check back.

Had to get DCU to void the check (took several calls and agents, and they sent a form for voiding). Tesla eventually called and I asked them to shred it.
thanks...going through the same right now. It's such a $hit$how...the form for voiding requires the Payee (Tesla) to sign and notarize...how'd you get them to do that? I haven't heard a peep from the Fremont finance team about the incorrect check.

thanks...going through the same right now. It's such a $hit$how...the form for voiding requires the Payee (Tesla) to sign and notarize...how'd you get them to do that? I haven't heard a peep from the Fremont finance team about the incorrect check.

I had to keep escalating till I got hold of someone I could work directly with to void the check. You have fill out a loss form before they can void it.