Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still nothing here. 4 weeks, no updates.

Has anyone configured in black AND received a VIN yet?
Still nothing here. 4 weeks, no updates.

Has anyone configured in black AND received a VIN yet?

If you configured in November, I'd recommend double-checking that your profile has your correct phone number and that you have completed all of the ordering steps. You will be contacted by phone, not e-mail.

I wonder if it has to do with where we are located? Only Fremont seems to have deliveries scheduled so far, and a couple in Marina del Rey. I don't see any in San Diego yet. Are you north or south? 'Cause we also don't have a VIN yet and configured 4 weeks ago today. But ours is silver, so nothing else is similar.

I wonder if it has to do with where we are located? Only Fremont seems to have deliveries scheduled so far, and a couple in Marina del Rey. I don't see any in San Diego yet. Are you north or south? 'Cause we also don't have a VIN yet and configured 4 weeks ago today. But ours is silver, so nothing else is similar.

I'm in LA. Someone that ordered at the same store on the same day as me is scheduled for delivery already.

Something is wrong with our orders, I'm becoming more and more convinced. I haven't heard from a DS at all, or anyone asking about delivery timing.

I was first told definitely by the 4 week mark, now they don't know and can't promise anything. I'm really frustrated and fed up with this process.

No way. WTF!

I ordered that exact same configuration 11/22 and don't have a VIN yet.

I'm in LA. Someone that ordered at the same store on the same day as me is scheduled for delivery already.

Something is wrong with our orders, I'm becoming more and more convinced. I haven't heard from a DS at all, or anyone asking about delivery timing.

I was first told definitely by the 4 week mark, now they don't know and can't promise anything. I'm really frustrated and fed up with this process.

I opted for Fremont delivery...so that is probably why

I configured on Dec 7 (Metallic Blue, 19" wheels, 4-week wait) and requested Fremont delivery, but haven't yet gotten a VIN. I had expected to hear by now, because my DS told me taking delivery in Fremont should accelerate the process by a week or so.

I had entered the VIN for my 2008 Tesla Roadster as a trade-in, to see what they would offer; I hope that didn't gum up the works! But the EV credit survived in the just-passed tax bill, so there's no cliff Dec 31 like I had feared.