Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated seats on 60/75 KwH cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I had read somewhere that Tesla has now made available on 60/75 KwH cars, as part of the Premium Package, the ventilated seats that were originally only allocated to "P" cars. First off, I understand all the supply chain limitations but why would this limitation exist ? Are faster cars more likely to heat up bodies (go ahead, run with that one) ? If the seat money is already "priced in" to the higher end cars then why not just have a differently priced Premium Package or an additional add-on for just the ventilated seats on "lower end" cars ?

In any case, if you are charging the same amount for the Premium Package and it includes ventilated seats for some models but not others, is that a fair policy ? My DS emailed that the information I had received was false and that the ventilated seats were available only on 90D/100D cars.

Ventilated seats are only available on the premium seats, not next gen seats. The premium seats are only available on the performance models.

Not everything available on the high end cars are available on lower end cars. Tesla mostly strays away from this pricing model (unlike other car manufacturers), but there are certain things that fall into this - ventilated seats, spoiler, red brake calipers.

Reactions: NAVALARCHITECT
Ventilated seats are only available on the premium seats, not next gen seats. The premium seats are only available on the performance models.

Not everything available on the high end cars are available on lower end cars. Tesla mostly strays away from this pricing model (unlike other car manufacturers), but there are certain things that fall into this - ventilated seats, spoiler, red brake calipers.
Not true as of today! I called Tesla and changed my S90D from tan leather next gen to Ultrawhite Performance (on my last day to change!) and they did so.

Note that the price went up $1500 for this change, but I'm glad to have the ventilated and ultrawhite premium seats in my favorite color.

• Informative
Reactions: Max*
I thought I had read somewhere that Tesla has now made available on 60/75 KwH cars, as part of the Premium Package, the ventilated seats that were originally only allocated to "P" cars. First off, I understand all the supply chain limitations but why would this limitation exist ? Are faster cars more likely to heat up bodies (go ahead, run with that one) ? If the seat money is already "priced in" to the higher end cars then why not just have a differently priced Premium Package or an additional add-on for just the ventilated seats on "lower end" cars ?

In any case, if you are charging the same amount for the Premium Package and it includes ventilated seats for some models but not others, is that a fair policy ? My DS emailed that the information I had received was false and that the ventilated seats were available only on 90D/100D cars.
At this time, the premium seats that are ventilated have only trickled down to the 90D from the P100D. I'm sure in due time, they will be available for the 60 and 75 cars, but probably won't be until next year. It's all about sales with the highest margins for this last quarter of the year. It may not be "fair" but unfortunately the way Tesla has decided to offer the option at this time.

The premium seats with ventilation just trickled down to the 90D.

• Informative
Reactions: Max*
Not true as of today! I called Tesla and changed my S90D from tan leather next gen to Ultrawhite Performance (on my last day to change!) and they did so.

Note that the price went up $1500 for this change, but I'm glad to have the ventilated and ultrawhite premium seats in my favorite color.
Interesting. They also got rid of the P90D.

I inquired yesterday but found mine is too close to starting production to allow me to change my seats.

does the ultra white have ventilation now? i thought only the blackt/tan premium had ventilation ...

I'm **guessing** it's for new orders only. Otherwise, someone will complain the seats aren't as comfortable, what they ordered, etc. Also, easier to manage inventory.

The reviews of the air circulation aren't that great.

I didn't find them as comfortable as the next gen. But that will be a personal thing