Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA - Destination charging experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah they have a Model X and the love it! Here is another set of chargers going in at Doubletree in Williamsburg right near Kingsmill.

upload_2017-1-27_9-7-18.png

• Informative
Reactions: cmu5p and swengl
Not really a destination charger, but the folks at the Hampton Inn in Fishersville, VA were kind enough to let me plug into an outlet behind the building for the night to get just enough charge (4mi/h charge for 9 hours for a whopping 36 miles of extra juice) to make it home without stopping at the Lexington SuC. It always pays to ask when you check in ;)

Here's another way to give back to the Tesla community: Encourage/recruit businesses to the Destination Charging Program. I've had a little bit of success so far and I'm pushing for more. Here's our success story: Altavista, VA: New Destination Charging location opening soon I am now in the midst of attempting to recruit Ballast Point in Daleville, VA to the program. I started by going to the site and obtaining the contact info for the general manager there. I've sent him an introductory email (he wasn't there when I visited) that included what the program is about, some marketing information from Tesla, and a list of the benefits of the program (for both the business owner and the car owners).

• Love
Reactions: EVTECH
I'm back in Richmond this week at the recently renovated Delta Hotel by Marriott (formerly the Crowne Plaza). The attached parking deck has one HPWC and one Clipper Creek charger at the P1 level as you turn to go up to P2. It is not unusual to see at least one of the spots ICE'd, however. They really should have put it up another level, it is too tempting for folks to park near the bottom of the deck in these spots and I'm sure that the EV only parking isn't enforced. The hotel is very nice and having a convenient charger is a huge bonus as the Glen Allen SuperCharger is far enough away to be inconvenient. The hotel is also very close to the James River and there are multiple walking/running trails that are easily accessed from this location.

• Informative
Reactions: Austral and EVTECH
We stopped at the E&S Mart Two Sisters' Tap Room and Deli in Altavista, VA on 9/8. Delightful place, terrific sandwiches and local beers, and Mike told me they run the entire store and 4 EV chargers off their rooftop solar. I was disappointed to hear that they only have 5-6 Teslas stop there weekly.

Reactions: swengl
We stopped at the E&S Mart Two Sisters' Tap Room and Deli in Altavista, VA on 9/8. Delightful place, terrific sandwiches and local beers, and Mike told me they run the entire store and 4 EV chargers off their rooftop solar. I was disappointed to hear that they only have 5-6 Teslas stop there weekly.
5-6 weekly is huge! Other than big resorts that is the highest number I have heard of with the 20 locations I have assisted in from wineries, breweries, malls, bnb's, and this exact deli. I know of some larger Hyatt's and Marriots that don't get this much traffic. Hell I have seen superchargers with less volume. This is great to hear.

5-6 weekly is huge! Other than big resorts that is the highest number I have heard of with the 20 locations I have assisted in from wineries, breweries, malls, bnb's, and this exact deli. I know of some larger Hyatt's and Marriots that don't get this much traffic. Hell I have seen superchargers with less volume. This is great to hear.

Maybe it was monthly, I forget.

Reactions: EVTECH
Not really a destination charger, but the folks at the Hampton Inn in Fishersville, VA were kind enough to let me plug into an outlet behind the building for the night to get just enough charge (4mi/h charge for 9 hours for a whopping 36 miles of extra juice) to make it home without stopping at the Lexington SuC. It always pays to ask when you check in ;)

Swengl-
If need to do this again, I live 5miles east of that exit off 64. Little better than trickle charge off my outdoor Nema 14-50 if you have your charging cable. Or just text me and will lend you mine (and so I don’t sic the dog on you).

Reactions: swengl