Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V4 Supercharger -UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The first V4 Tesla Supercharger station has opened in the UK​

‘Future-proofed’ charging hubs bring 250kW power… even for non-Tesla electric cars and comes with a PayPad so non Tesla don’t have to use the app and longer cables.

Maybe but then that's an odd approach to only provide both in the bays that are also aimed at mobility impaired people. That suggests that they would be blocked by those who have to use those too.
I'll give up being concerned about it, it was just a passing curiosity :)
these are not bays for disabled...

it is just blue background and charging car symbol as far as I remember

these are not bays for disabled...

it is just blue background and charging car symbol as far as I remember
Yeah it seems highly likely that they made the others half the width with no painting for no reason whatsoever
1693502239239.png

Yeah it seems highly likely that they made the others half the width with no painting for no reason whatsoeverView attachment 969783
Well, I have been there, 1 meter away from it, couple of days ago.

So you can browse teh interwebz and find pictures like these:

1693524621305.png

And another one, different angle.
1693524690334.png

And gridserve's post in March:

from the post it is clear that these have been designed as "accessible" bays, but there is absolutely no signage.

Last edited:
Ze porka has charge ports on both sides of the car to aid confusion

If you could fill from both sides that would be cool - each half of the battery filling at max rate :)

I had a Lotus with filler caps on both sides, two tanks, connected by a tiny pipe ... had to take the cap off the other side when filling otherwise nothing flowed through the pipe (during a filling-stop). Bit like Musk, such things didn't bother Colin Chapman ...

• Funny
Reactions: Sean.
Right, so everyone but the most obdurate pedant can see they're accessible bays and the press release confirms it. Not sure what more there is to discuss regarding the status of these bays :D
so you are in guessing game?

Usually each and every accessible parking spot is clearly marked with signage. this one isn't. it would not take too much effort to mark them.
then there is another question - if all other bays are used, should I park there and charge if I do not have disabled badge or should I wait? there is nothing what says you can't (and people where charging in each and every bay last weekend). but hey, it is, according you, clearly indicated to be accessible, so maybe someone with needs come.. but on the other hand - no signs which prohibits. so what to do eh?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash92
so you are in guessing game?

Usually each and every accessible parking spot is clearly marked with signage. this one isn't. it would not take too much effort to mark them.
then there is another question - if all other bays are used, should I park there and charge if I do not have disabled badge or should I wait? there is nothing what says you can't (and people where charging in each and every bay last weekend). but hey, it is, according you, clearly indicated to be accessible, so maybe someone with needs come.. but on the other hand - no signs which prohibits. so what to do eh?
What are you still going on about? Ask Gridserve.

but hey, it is, according you, clearly indicated to be accessible
You should really read the links that you post
1693563895244.png

What are you still going on about? Ask Gridserve.

but hey, it is, according you, clearly indicated to be accessible
You should really read the links that you post
View attachment 970048
it is designed. there is no indication that they are though!

there is no signage.

again, question to you:
You arrive to the place, you need to charge. all other bays are used, but these two with only blue background and just car painted on them, are empty. Should you charge there? Or should you wait, because, you know, these are "designed as accessible" but without any other signs. So, can you stop and charge there or not?

at the same time - can you park in the "disabled" bays if you do not have the badge?

it is designed. there is no indication that they are though!

there is no signage.

again, question to you:
You arrive to the place, you need to charge. all other bays are used, but these two with only blue background and just car painted on them, are empty. Should you charge there? Or should you wait, because, you know, these are "designed as accessible" but without any other signs. So, can you stop and charge there or not?

at the same time - can you park in the "disabled" bays if you do not have the badge?
It’s not difficult, they are designed as accessible bays but they are not designated disabled spaces 🤷‍♂️

Designating them as official disabled spaces would be counterproductive given two 350kw chargers that cost £lol to install would be sat completely un-utilised for 99% of the time while there is a queue for the other chargers. They are also miles from the services building itself.

again, question to you:
Ask Gridserve, mate. I don't work for them.

again, question to you:

not directed to me but I'll answer anyway.

I'm not parking in a disabled bay, I'm not a dick.

But here there's no signage. Nothing even hinting at those being handicapped bays except for the blue paint and larger bays. Not even a pictogram. So that's not a reserved bey -> Of course I will charge there and won't even think twice.
Also we are talking about a rapid charging point, where you're staying for 20 mins tops, most likely in your car, not a car park where you can leave your car for hours...

Blue bays are designed to allow people with disabilities to exit their car with ease and are usually positioned to minimise walking times for those for who it would be painful. But I don't see why it should give people a licence to skip queues at a charging station... It's on a first come first served basis. I don't recall ever seeing a reserved 'disabled' pump at a petrol station...

not directed to me but I'll answer anyway.

I'm not parking in a disabled bay, I'm not a dick.

But here there's no signage. Nothing even hinting at those being handicapped bays except for the blue paint and larger bays. Not even a pictogram. So that's not a reserved bey -> Of course I will charge there and won't even think twice.
Also we are talking about a rapid charging point, where you're staying for 20 mins tops, most likely in your car, not a car park where you can leave your car for hours...

Blue bays are designed to allow people with disabilities to exit their car with ease and are usually positioned to minimise walking times for those for who it would be painful. But I don't see why it should give people a licence to skip queues at a charging station... It's on a first come first served basis. I don't recall ever seeing a reserved 'disabled' pump at a petrol station...
well, exactly.

just have in mind, this comment was made few post above:
They're disabled bays, iirc.
These are not defined as disabled bays. just better access. difference in semantics, maybe :/