Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V4 Supercharger -UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The first V4 Tesla Supercharger station has opened in the UK​

‘Future-proofed’ charging hubs bring 250kW power… even for non-Tesla electric cars and comes with a PayPad so non Tesla don’t have to use the app and longer cables.

So what is the advantage of V4 over V3 for Tesla drivers? The two main upgrades seem to be PAYG and a longer cable, both of which are aimed at encouraging non Tesla drivers to use them.

opening to more makes should make more sites and power available which can help them expand the number of installs more rapidly.

That those sites will then be open to others dilutes things a little - you could use a gridserve/ionity/fastned etc and also benefit from rapid rollout. The benefit starts to reduce to convenience - you can plug and go easily, you know it'll be reliable etc.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
I think it was trying to bypass the chap waiting for the Gridserve... :D

These pics I think were made on Saturday... Monday was even worse,... they had stewards to regulate the traffic

they're a mess tbh - I like the numbers but both are too close to each other, they're too close to the entrance, and the gridserves also block the exit if they're queuing.

Could do with a shuffle round if they're able to in future

Not been to a V4 ... is there anything (obvious) to stop you parking the Porker forwards and taking the hose from the "wrong" stall?

heck is there anythign on a V3? If there isn't another car parked up to give me a frame of reference, there have been a few times where it takes me a moment to work out where I need to be parked. Too used to my fuel flap being on the right I think

Not been to a V4 ... is there anything (obvious) to stop you parking the Porker forwards and taking the hose from the "wrong" stall?
Nope. I tried that too. In the same of science of course.

Oh mother I'm not proud of myself. The shame, the shame 🙈😂

IMG_1993.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: WannabeOwner
Too used to my fuel flap being on the right I think

The fuel pump symbol, on the dashboard (the one what lights up when you are close to empty :) ) indicates which side the filler is (spent the first 40 years of my adult driving life not knowing that ...) ... same on EV I suppose

Although ... not sure I have a fuel pump symbol on my Tesla dash ... I'll have to check that.

oh, the carnage I saw at Gridserve hub this bank holiday Monday compared to semi-free tesla SC in Exeter (30 SCs! + 20 Gridserve (and adding more) was interesting to say the least...

Queues at Gridserve
View attachment 969709
View attachment 969711

Meanwhile tesla:
View attachment 969710
Is it my imagination of those two WIDE bays where the Polestar and the other car are parked are DUAL charging stations yet those two donkeys are blocking one each? I've been to that place once but didn't pay attention as I was using Tesla charger at the top.

Reactions: ACarneiro