Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd pay $1000 for persistent HVAC controls I can pin to the bottom bar, if they promise to never remove functionality/control.

I'd pay $5k for the same physical controls, if supported by Tesla.

That's the entire issue. We already paid for those controls on the screen when we bought our cars. They were subsequently removed by people that I'm guessing probably don't drive cars? I have no clue. My car is slowly turning into a gaming and entertainment console as opposed to something that I need to drive on the highway. I wouldn't pay anything to have those controls back. I already paid for them, they were there when I bought the car.

That's the entire issue. We already paid for those controls on the screen when we bought our cars. They were subsequently removed by people that I'm guessing probably don't drive cars? I have no clue. My car is slowly turning into a gaming and entertainment console as opposed to something that I need to drive on the highway. I wouldn't pay anything to have those controls back. I already paid for them, they were there when I bought the car.
I 100% agree. I'm more thinking about traditional car option packages and all the BS to upsell different packages. At this point I'd rather check some boxes on the options list and pay the money.

Reactions: Xdama
Got it, thanks! Now there is at least something good about this disaster of an "improvement".

Eh... I found it more of a distraction than anything and turned it off a couple days after turning it on. There's nothing good about v11. It's a disaster indeed.

I'd trade $100 to have v10 back. Seriously.

I'd trade v11 for v10 back. Seriously. AND @SabrToothSqrl will give you $100. Anyone listening? Elon? Elon?

Eh... I found it more of a distraction than anything and turned it off a couple days after turning it on. There's nothing good about v11. It's a disaster indeed.
Funny how different people are. In addition to this improvement I can't wait fo the section with the animated car to show what is happening behind your car as detailed and as far back as it shows what is going on in the front. Whenever I merge on change lanes, I would trust Tesla's technology much more than my own observations.

Funny how different people are. In addition to this improvement I can't wait fo the section with the animated car to show what is happening behind your car as detailed and as far back as it shows what is going on in the front. Whenever I merge on change lanes, I would trust Tesla's technology much more than my own observations.
Agree completely re difference in people, I’d quite happily do away with the animation altogether as I just find it a distraction especially when it flashes a massive red truck up just because I’m going alonside one in a seperate lane. Rather have it flash up on the screen only when necessary ie. When there’s an actual hazard. That portion of screen for me could be used for car function controls such as lights, wipers, etc etc.

I'd pay $1000 for persistent HVAC controls I can pin to the bottom bar, if they promise to never remove functionality/control.

I'd pay $5k for the same physical controls, if supported by Tesla.
I hope someone connected to the company that makes S3XY buttons is reading this forum. They would make a killing on designing a minimalist physical control panel that looks like could have come from the factory. User programmable and easily located where you desire. Multiple control panels could be used together, depending on how many physical controls you wanted. They'd need to work on the software full time - future features are in the works but seem to be taking a long time. I have to think something like this would be worth their efforts.

Reactions: SalisburySam
Finally made a video, yes it's vertical because the X screen is vertical.

I have other complaints, but no free time to write a script.
I think the microscopic icons at the bottom problem is because the X screen is vertical. It's not so bad on the 3/Y. But those icons for LTE/WiFi are gone from the top of the 3/Y screen and the climate control and seat heating icons are just as awful and deeply buried in the climate control menu. The volume control moves around too, based on whether you select split climate control, and despite my 3 having the option to select split climate control, I don't think it actually works (I thought that feature was removed when the heat pump was added, so maybe a software bug where Tesla didn't identify which vehicles have it and which don't?). Oh, and of course the efficiency and tire pressure menus aren't accessible except when going to Controls->Trips or Controls->Service which also means I can't get maps or anything else when I view those items. :rolleyes:

Tesla should require its own engineers to drive around with this stuff in their own cars for at least a month before pushing it on everyone else.

despite my 3 having the option to select split climate control, I don't think it actually works

It should work. Mine does... or at least it did the last time I checked, which was v10. I'll test it out again today.

Tesla should require its own engineers to drive around with this stuff in their own cars for at least a month before pushing it on everyone else.

v10 seemed like someone who drove the car made it. v11... not at all.

Reactions: STS-134
I think the microscopic icons at the bottom problem is because the X screen is vertical. It's not so bad on the 3/Y. But those icons for LTE/WiFi are gone from the top of the 3/Y screen and the climate control and seat heating icons are just as awful and deeply buried in the climate control menu. The volume control moves around too, based on whether you select split climate control, and despite my 3 having the option to select split climate control, I don't think it actually works (I thought that feature was removed when the heat pump was added, so maybe a software bug where Tesla didn't identify which vehicles have it and which don't?). Oh, and of course the efficiency and tire pressure menus aren't accessible except when going to Controls->Trips or Controls->Service which also means I can't get maps or anything else when I view those items. :rolleyes:

It's not just the icons. all the fonts are so teeny tiny they might as well not exist. Not to mention the grey on grey on grey color (singular) scheme.

On my wife's 3, we have NO IDEA if the dash cam is on anymore. Does anyone? All the things I need to know are just... Gone.

It's not just the icons. all the fonts are so teeny tiny they might as well not exist. Not to mention the grey on grey on grey color (singular) scheme.

On my wife's 3, we have NO IDEA if the dash cam is on anymore. Does anyone? All the things I need to know are just... Gone.
Oh yeah that's another gripe I have. I need to go into the Controls menu just to toggle Sentry mode, which I do frequently. Sentry mode should be always at the top, just like it was in v10. Plus examining Sentry mode videos is multiple presses to get into the viewer, while on v10 it was just one or two presses.

Reactions: tyguy

Strange...I have not had any issues with the font size. But I have major issues with the placement of the controls and how you get to them.

The font size has been reduced in several places (nav search results, txt messages), and it's a problem for me too. I can see the things, it just takes more effort and distraction. It's crap. It's all crap. The crap is *everywhere* in v11. The changes made to the bottom bar is the biggest problem (IMO), but definitely not the only problem. Every single thing in the UI seems to have a handful of regressions.

At this point, the only thing that would "fix" it all for me would be upgrading us to v10. It's like they took v10 and made a bunch of bad changes to it... so the fix would be to revert every single change. Turn signal cameras, Sonic, and light shows can all go too. I'd like v10 before they ruined the climate controls (mid November). Then give me better manual wipers and disable OTA updates permanently.

Well I test drove one for the 1/2hr we’re allowed in UK, read a few magazine reviews, which is pretty much all I’ve ever done in any other car I’ve owned over the last 36yrs of driving. It is after all a car first and foremost, not an entertainment platform for 10-16yr olds🤷🏼‍♂️. Did I join a forum and read every last article or subject heading ….. no (see first part of last sentence😂). Nowhere in any magazine nor at the SC where I test drove did it say you could drive it one day then have to relearn the controls because some software fella had decided he fancied a change in sunny CA.
It’s subjective for all, some really want the whole being driven everywhere with very little input ….. I on the other hand still like to actually drive myself with very little input. It’s probably not helped that I work in an industry that even with all the AI it has we the human being still have to physically confirm and insure the actual operation is carried out correctly.
It also comes down to although we speak the same language, Brits and Americans are very very different. You only have to look at the TV or sport from each place to see that. What seems strong words to you are just sarcasm over here and we used to thrive on that (not so much nowadays, people get too butt hurt unfortunately).
The M3 for me is a decent car but not brilliant (certainly not the best I’ve had) but it could be so so much more, for me personally if they concentrated on what are relatively small things instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. That is what prototyping is for imo not customers personal vehicles aftersale.

Generally UK English is more tolerant of colorful language than the US. British TV allows much stronger language than US censors and has for decades. Some of it may be the more puritanical streak in US culture (not universal, but loud enough to make a difference), or it may be something else. Though there are some exceptions in terminology where terms don't mean much or anything in the US, but is more controversial across the pond, such as the US term for bum bag.