Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 is coming with "Caraoke" -- A functioning music player would also be nice :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's such a shame V10's release seems to be completely tied to Enhanced Summon which is a feature I could literally not give less shits about if I tried.

I wish they'd release a software update that just states in the Release Notes that they all worked exclusively on bug fixes and usability improvements and now the music player (used just about every second I'm in the car) works and USB music resumes reliably each time I get back in the car.

I have a dream... that one day they will fix the music player so we can all look forward to getting back in our cars with glorious music playing and resuming from when we exited the car! :D

I wish they'd release a software update that just states in the Release Notes that they all worked exclusively on bug fixes and usability improvements and now the music player (used just about every second I'm in the car) works and USB music resumes reliably each time I get back in the car.
I've got many releases that said nothing than "Minor improvements and bug fixes", but never mentioning what in specific was improved. I always like they they were doing some housecleaning, but the forums always grumble about no new features.

Personally, the media player updates (Spotify for US?! or more platforms?!) is what I look forward most in V10 (and maybe a jump in AP capability like we got from V8 to V9).

Reactions: DCEV
It seems a part of the car really does want to resume music. The driver's door.

Yesterday, I had to go to the library, about a 10-minute drive from home. When I began driving, unfortunately, there was no music because the music player started scanning the USB drive for no reason, which means no music can be payed for about 3 minutes. The music never resumed during my drive BUT when I got back in the car after spending about 10 minutes in the library, the music resumed as soon as I opened the door!

Someone else reported on this earlier too. It seems when you exit the car, walk away, return, and open the driver's door, the car attempts to resume music. Now if only the car could do that while you are actually still in the car without needlessly scanning the USB drive...

Knowing that opening the car door compels the music player to try and resume music is this what we should do to resume music until the music player is fixed? :D:p

Don’t dream too much about v10. There is good chances it will be a total mess regarding audio player on older cars.

Nooo!!! Not our dreams. Please let us keep our dreams alive that the music player will be fixed... :p

The most important improvement I will look for in v10 is what they did to the music player and reliably resuming USB music. What's the point in all the cool technology in the car if you can't reliably listen to your music? :rolleyes:

At this point I'd pay extra for the option of a functioning music player that can resume USB audio.

Last edited:
So there is something to the "door theory" of getting the USB Media Player to resume music.

The other day when I opened the driver's door in the morning, the music player was "stuck" and coudn't resume music. I then remembered I forgot something so I had to go back in the house and I opened the driver's side door a couple of minutes later and the music resumed as soon as I opened the door.

It seems there is a minor initialization issue that is preventing USB music from resuming and leaving the car and reopening the door makes the music player try and resume music. I hope this means they can fix the USB music not resuming without too much trouble.

I guess we will find out soon if they fixed the music player not resuming USB music is fixed in V10.

I have not received any updates in a while and I wonder if it's because they are preparing to release V10 within the next month or so.

With all the fun features being added, I really hope they devote some resources to fixing USB music player resuming music and if they can also add playlist support, how awesome would that be!

V10 features are leaking out...

Tesla V10: first look at the update and new features - Electrek
  • Cuphead, while parked
  • NetFlix, while parked
  • YouTube, while parked
  • Videos on the browser, while parked
  • Caraoke, while parked
  • etc.,
So may fun and cool features but please, Tesla, could you fix the music player in the car? The one app many of us use just about the entire time we are in the car and while driving? It's no fun getting in the car and not being able to resume music :(

Reactions: emulajavi
I've also watched a bunch of V10 videos but have not seen anyone talk about improvements to the music player.

It seems lots of resources are invested on apps other than the music player app we use so often!

If they can add Spotify, fix the USB music resuming issue, and add USB playlist support, how awesome would that be?!

I'm ready. I just canceled Slacker and bought Spotify premium with 3 free months. Should have V10 by then I hope.

Spotify works really well in V10. All my playlists are there so I'm really happy about that!

Unfortunately I can confirm that v10 DOES NOT fix the music player resuming issues :( What a shame given all the time and effort they have put into V10. Several times when I got back in the car there was no music because the music player was needlessly "loading" the music for a few minutes.

I hope they fix the music player resuming issues in a future software update...

Spotify works really well in V10. All my playlists are there so I'm really happy about that!
As someone that has had Spotify since I got the car over a year ago, what I've found is you need to manage play lists etc on a PC that is using the same account as the car, it is just so much easier.
I'm also interested to hear how stable Spotify is now in V10, for as long as I can remember it has been riddled with bugs, usability issues and causing the MCU to totally freeze.

Reactions: DCEV
As someone that has had Spotify since I got the car over a year ago, what I've found is you need to manage play lists etc on a PC that is using the same account as the car, it is just so much easier.
I'm also interested to hear how stable Spotify is now in V10, for as long as I can remember it has been riddled with bugs, usability issues and causing the MCU to totally freeze.

Happy to report *knock on wood* that Spotify seems to be quite stable on V10.Totally agree about it being best to manage Spotify playlists on a PC.

Though I have to admit that my time with Spotify is limited as I primarily listen to music via USB.

Such a shame they could not fix the USB music resuming issues. It would have been SO EASY for them to fix that compared to all the other improvements and features they have added to the car.

Now that V10 is out, I hope they can finally fix the music player and USB audio resuming issues.

Same as V9. I dont think they put a lot of time into V10:mad:

V10 really is amazing with everything they have added and being able to watch videos while parked is huge and I bet this means we will soon be able to watch TeslaCam/Sentry videos while parked.

Just wish they let a single developer work for a few days to fix the USB audio resume issues. Music not resuming is awful for those of us who listen to USB audio.