Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using ChargePoint recharge stations in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I learned quite recently From someone who would know, that ChargePoint may withdraw from the Australian market in 2022. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Withdraw, as in pack their bags and leave, or including physical removal of equipment as well?

I guess if they remove equipment, that leaves the site with an existing suitable electrical supply, all ready for Chargefox/EVolution etc to come in and plonk a Type 2 socket charger in it's place. Silver lining, more standardisation across the country.

Withdraw, as in pack their bags and leave, or including physical removal of equipment as well?

I guess if they remove equipment, that leaves the site with an existing suitable electrical supply, all ready for Chargefox/EVolution etc to come in and plonk a Type 2 socket charger in it's place. Silver lining, more standardisation across the country.
Didn’t ask that specific question, but apparently they have a contractual obligation until then but no plans beyond. No type 2 equipment is being supplied here as it’s all needed for Europe.

For a ChargePoint J772 chargers is the connector the same as Type-1 in this pack?

EV Public Charging Bundle

This JetCharge bundle is fairly expensive, I would like to know what additional options it unlocks..

Their bundle gives you a J1772 adapter letting you use chargepoint chargers at places such as Westfield. The other Type 2 adapter lets you charge at some AC chargers.

People will disagree with me but I and others have had good luck with AliExpress cables and the J1772 adapter. The J1772 is more compact than the cobbled together JetCharge one. Also cheaper. People say buy local, but in reality JetCharge buys their products from China too, literally the same product in the photos.

Reactions: MC3OZ
Their bundle gives you a J1772 adapter letting you use chargepoint chargers at places such as Westfield. The other Type 2 adapter lets you charge at some AC chargers.

People will disagree with me but I and others have had good luck with AliExpress cables and the J1772 adapter. The J1772 is more compact than the cobbled together JetCharge one. Also cheaper. People say buy local, but in reality JetCharge buys their products from China too, literally the same product in the photos.
62196 Type 2 Connector/Cable 3 Phase 32A Level 2 for Electric Vehicle EV Charging in IEC 62196-2 Cables for Sale
US $72.8 9% OFF|ZWET j1772 connector ev car charger Type 1 and Type2 adapter Electric Vehicle Charging Adapte-in Battery Cables & Connectors from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress - 11.11_Double 11_Singles' Day

These two will do the job for a little less. The Jet charge prices aren't too bad IF those are the cables you need.

Reactions: MC3OZ

Thanks for the answers I may go with these cheaper options...

This is something I expect to rarely need hence it is a marginal purchase decision, but essential if you need it.

So the smart option is to buy the cheaper products.

It is amazing how expensive the type 2 to type 2 cables are. Cheapest I have seen is around $300. For a cable and 2 plugs, no electronics?regrettably you need this for type 2 connector stations since a cable is not included with those stations. I see theSchneider electric connectors being installed in lots of new buildings now. All are type 2 plugs.