Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using ChaDeMo Fequently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jborak
I am in the same situation. I live in Boston area. I live in a multi-story apartment unit and been having my Tesla S85d for the past 7 months. I charge @ DC charger near my work place 2 days a week. I depend on the CHAdeMO adapter A LOT. It is a NRG-evGO station. In 30 minutes, I get 60 miles on an average for $3. Roughly, it is about $1 for 10 minutes of DC charging. Besides this, I charge for FREE at a NISSAN dealership on the way back from work using the CHAdeMO adapter.
I haven't seen any degrade in my batter charging rate at all. I tried superchargers 4 times only during my 2 long trips from Boston to NYC. One visit to supercharger in each direction is what needed. My top off max so far is 271 miles. I believe the theoretical max is 285 miles. The local service center tells me that I need to bring the rated miles to 20 and supercharge it up to the maximum. I have to do this few times to activate the not yet activated cells in order to reach the max of 285 miles.

I may have given too much info here. But all related to my charging experience not living in a home equipped with a charger and dependent upon public charger. Yes, there is a chargepoint charging station which is about 2 blocks from where I live. If I pay $2 for parking for 1 hour, I get to charge for FREE.