Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used yet good EV options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, time to replace my mom's 2016 Civic LX that I modified to the point nothing else left to do, lol (and yes, it is my mom's car but she enjoying mods)
She drove 12k miles since 2016 (2000 miles yearly) and I want to get her either BEV or PHEV as a next vehicle.
Obviously Tesla Model 3 RWD with 250 mile range, slightly used directly from Tesla is about $35k which is OK
But are there any other options? I myself Have 2018 X 100D so tesla is my first choice
Also looking for 2019-2020 Nissan Leaf Plus (220 mile range, used about $28k), again charging isn't an issue as she drives only 2000 miles yearly, no commutes, no highway, purely city and very short driving distances
Another option is fancier i3 120ah with range extender, about 160 mile range for about $25k
Plug ins are only Prime comest to my mind honestly, with Clarity plug in discontinued that is the only option I see.
Oh, and car has to be somewhat small, compact for easy parking and maneuvering, well safe as well

Any other ideas? Keeping it for another 5-6 years for sure. Budget is below $30k

Last edited:
When buying a used EV, the most important is the range.
Even if charging every night at home is possible,
you may still want to make a weekend trip time to time.

You can search on TMC threads for the Leaf or the i3 BMW.
But the conclusion was always to get a used Tesla
with the best range you can find or afford.