Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I had the mobile service come out to change my yoke to round, I felt bad for these guys that have to cram all their tools and parts into a Model S. It looked like a hoarders encampment. They really need box trucks to carry and easily access all their stuff.

That was right around when they were switching over. I had a late 2018 MS 75D and it had an 8 year unlimited warranty on the battery and drive train.

I’m buying an early 2019 MS LR and it has the 150k battery warranty.

On both, the standard warranty for everything else was already expired.

If your car is hooked up in the Tesla app / assigned to your tesla account, it should say the warranty status in the app. At the bottom of the main page, there’s a button to “specs & warranty” hit that then hit the warranty tab.

That was right around when they were switching over. I had a late 2018 MS 75D and it had an 8 year unlimited warranty on the battery and drive train.

I’m buying an early 2019 MS LR and it has the 150k battery warranty.

On both, the standard warranty for everything else was already expired.

If your car is hooked up in the Tesla app / assigned to your tesla account, it should say the warranty status in the app. At the bottom of the main page, there’s a button to “specs & warranty” hit that then hit the warranty tab.
Thank you

Reactions: joshhidley
2017 was the last model year with genuine leather as far as I know if you care about that.
Make sure you research SC01 FUSC if you are looking for free transferable unlimited supercharging. Ended in early 2017.
MCU2 upgrade is nice to have if you are looking at two comparable cars.

My 2019 raven MSP has unlimited mileage warranty. If I remember correctly, the ravens started in April 2019 and the unlimited mileage went away in March 2020. The ravens also had a big jump in range and one pedal driving with the permanent magnet motor.

I had a tech out to install the CCS, he said the ravens were his favorite because they are much more reliable than other models/years

Can I ask how much you paid? And was this from Tesla, a dealership or private party?
46.5k including cross country transport. Pretty decent deal I came across on Car gurus. I've been in the market for several months, and man it has fluctuated all over the place especially the past 1 month. Several months ago Tesla used inventory site had some decent price points (to me) taking into account their extra 1 year preowned warranties. But now they seem sky high compared to used market websites (Auto trader, Car gurus, etc). Even those run a wide range. It seems like there (can be) a lot of market over a few thousand miles (10-20k miles difference), when that may not matter really all that much. Tough for me as a first time Tesla buyer to decide what * perceived level of risk * (i.e. what about a 30-40k price point for a 2020 or 2021 with 60-75k miles).. that I'm comfortable pulling the trigger on.