Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used inventory quite low according to ev-cpo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry but you are unquestionably so far wrong it isn’t even funny. I own an auto dealership and can look at inventory real time nationwide. Never, ever has each location sold 10-20 Teslas per week. Currently nationwide this coming week there are 27 Teslas scheduled for auction and that is split up between over 80 sites, the screenshot below is from right now. The most at any site currently is San Fransisco and Orlando with those each having 5 Teslas, Riverside often has some and this week there are 2 Teslas, sometimes more but never more than a handful. Of those 27 cars only a handful are are actually from Tesla. I hope this dispels the silly belief that Tesla is dumping cars at auction, they are not, I watch the auction trends continuously.

View attachment 419922
btw this way of looking at numbers is not accurate. When you go into each auction, and view all cars usually have to be within 12 hours before auction only then do you see all cars. Additionally you have to look at highline only. Manheim is slow in listing all cars to literally hours before the auction.

so glad I got my inventory P100D/L in May. I was shopping for a used P90 or P100 but got a good deal on the inventory car (83K) but was thinking that prices would drop and thought that I might have buyers remorse. Now it looks like there's no inventory on either the new or used side....

so glad I got my inventory P100D/L in May. I was shopping for a used P90 or P100 but got a good deal on the inventory car (83K) but was thinking that prices would drop and thought that I might have buyers remorse. Now it looks like there's no inventory on either the new or used side....

There’s still one P100D available. I wonder if they were all sold or Tesla is not listing as many as they have

2016 Model S | Tesla

btw this way of looking at numbers is not accurate. When you go into each auction, and view all cars usually have to be within 12 hours before auction only then do you see all cars. Additionally you have to look at highline only. Manheim is slow in listing all cars to literally hours before the auction.
Actually it is reasonably accurate because each day as cars sell they also come out of the inventory so the number never balloons no matter when you look, plus sales are on different days of the week so whatever day you look is a reasonably accurate picture of the number of cars that week. As far as Highline sales they are typically only on one day per month per site with the exception of a few sites with multiple Highline sales, and Highline sales are only at 15 sites out of 80 sites. The Highline cars are listed up to a full week or two before the sale so they will appear long before the sale. Cars that are listed late are listed late because Manheim is accepting delivery’s 24 hours a day and don’t list cars until they are logged in. The point is Tesla isn’t dumping their Tesla trades at auction, you can always search previous sale results.

Looks like numbers have changed. About 5 months ago I was seeing 10-20 Tesla sold through Manheim in so cal riverside. We bought a few in riverside and AZ. Prices were dirt cheap. Able to get p90d 27k miles for $44k immaculate condition. inventory is drying up...which is good it will help owners maintain car value and lower depreciation.
Was the 44k car a nose cone P90D? The nosecone cars typically go for significantly less than refresh cars or possibly had past structural damage? The MMR on a ‘16 P90D is currently $64,500 for a CR3.5 with 32,000 miles. Well optioned Teslas pull lots of money in the right colors with big wheels.