Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Unplugged Performance Refresh Fascia Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you!

$1463 (plus the $3220 total for the bumper), that included Evannex rear lighted T install and a paint match and install of cf spoiler....so minus the other 2 projects, he charged me $990 for all the bumper work (which $110 of that was shaving off the UP logo on the bottom sides of the bumper) so if that wasn't done, really $880...not too badView attachment 363106
For those that need pics for proof ;)
20181222_140000.jpg

I recommend doing the all OEM facelift bumper. I ordered all of the parts from Tesla for around $1200....pick up a used bumper cover from eBay for $300.

The most expensive OEM parts were the 2 lowered active louvers...$260 each

This is still half the cost of Unplugged version.

There’s a tread right now on the retrofit

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I recommend doing the all OEM facelift bumper. I ordered all of the parts from Tesla for around $1200....pick up a used bumper cover from eBay for $300.

The most expensive OEM parts were the 2 lowered active louvers...$260 each

This is still half the cost of Unplugged version.

There’s a tread right now on the retrofit

Can you post the link to the retrofit thread?

I had the UP refresh fascia installed and one of my front sensors failed which caused a "Park Assist Disabled" message. I took it to Tesla SC and even though the car is still under warranty, they told me that they would charge $175 to diagnose due to it not being an OEM bumper and then after determining that sensor #6 failed, they're claiming that since the part is attached to an aftermarket bum[er, the warranty no longer applies. I think it's pretty lame since I don't believe changing the bumper directly caused the failure. Any others have a similar experience?

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I had the UP refresh fascia installed and one of my front sensors failed which caused a "Park Assist Disabled" message. I took it to Tesla SC and even though the car is still under warranty, they told me that they would charge $175 to diagnose due to it not being an OEM bumper and then after determining that sensor #6 failed, they're claiming that since the part is attached to an aftermarket bum[er, the warranty no longer applies. I think it's pretty lame since I don't believe changing the bumper directly caused the failure. Any others have a similar experience?

Did you ever get this resolved?

For everyone that has this, how do you feel about the “underbite” look that it causes with the short hood? I really like this upgrade but in side shots the underbite seems pretty substantial. It seems to be even more pronounced on white cars but sometimes i just wonder if it’s the angle. The image attached is what I’m referring too.

This car looks amazing but curious if it’s just this weird angle that makes the bumper stick out so much from the hood.

AF5E2FCD-CBDE-480C-BF99-DDB7D873A329.png

I have been lurking on this website for quite some time as I on plan on getting a pre owned P85 very soon. I am doing my research, I am a gear head and like to mod cars. Your piece is beautiful. Do you have any pictures of it without the full body kit? How well does it flow with the original body lines of the car?
I actually have a brand new Tesla Model S early years full body kit that I didn't get to put on my car because it was totaled. It's an awesome front nose, side skirts, and a real racing rear diffuser. I paid $3,600 I would look to get maybe 3,000 back it's plastic reinforced with fiberglass
Screenshot_20191111-204034_Alibabacom.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111-204112_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-204112_Alibabacom.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20191111-204137_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-204137_Alibabacom.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 86
For everyone that has this, how do you feel about the “underbite” look that it causes with the short hood? I really like this upgrade but in side shots the underbite seems pretty substantial. It seems to be even more pronounced on white cars but sometimes i just wonder if it’s the angle. The image attached is what I’m referring too.

This car looks amazing but curious if it’s just this weird angle that makes the bumper stick out so much from the hood.

View attachment 474275

Hey that's my car. I actually like it. Honestly the unplugged bumper looks more aggressive than factory. Sitting them side-by-side (like in my thread) you can see the unplugged as a little more "style." Guys with newer S's comment frequently about how much better they like the unplugged.