Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Unplugged Performance Refresh Fascia Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is going to sound like blasphemy but can someone recommend a front license plate bracket for this front bumper fascia? Will something like the LAW bracket fit okay? I’ve done the install and the oem bracket doesn’t fit correctly. I’ve been riding around without a front plate (which I love) but want to be ready in case o get a ticket I’m tje future. TIA.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
is titanium metallic considered "standard"?

Yes

... or dolphin grey?

Yes

This is going to sound like blasphemy but can someone recommend a front license plate bracket for this front bumper fascia? Will something like the LAW bracket fit okay? I’ve done the install and the oem bracket doesn’t fit correctly. I’ve been riding around without a front plate (which I love) but want to be ready in case o get a ticket I’m tje future. TIA.

We've had owners buy and fit the OEM plate bracket from Tesla.

Full Unplugged Performance P90D in Sydney Australia

27973497_1908206352585561_4876010423255910491_n.jpg

4CE88285-4F31-4C32-AD0B-56544E833327.jpeg
F4C3FD21-2E2A-47A3-8CDA-4E308D000733.jpeg
98BAB4D3-E7A7-4331-91BC-FDAD1AD95DD2.jpeg
Because of really poor fitment by my body shop here in Sydney Australia, and on the advice of Dave our local dealer, I took down the installation with a view to improving the fit. The end result is marginally better than it was, but I clearly have not got it right. It is obvious that not any panel shop can fit this product. They simply don’t have the time or inclination to play with the correct fitment of the fog lights which do have a significant role to play here. Also, my V strip was not symmetrical. That, I have fixed , by placing self tapping screws in the fixing tabs . Overall therefore a slight improvement.

View attachment 282511 View attachment 282509 View attachment 282510 Because of really poor fitment by my body shop here in Sydney Australia, and on the advice of Dave our local dealer, I took down the installation with a view to improving the fit. The end result is marginally better than it was, but I clearly have not got it right. It is obvious that not any panel shop can fit this product. They simply don’t have the time or inclination to play with the correct fitment of the fog lights which do have a significant role to play here. Also, my V strip was not symmetrical. That, I have fixed , by placing self tapping screws in the fixing tabs . Overall therefore a slight improvement.
Wow that’s enough to put me off this front bumper, especially at the price of it!

• Helpful
Because of really poor fitment by my body shop here in Sydney Australia, and on the advice of Dave our local dealer, I took down the installation with a view to improving the fit. The end result is marginally better than it was, but I clearly have not got it right. It is obvious that not any panel shop can fit this product. They simply don’t have the time or inclination to play with the correct fitment of the fog lights which do have a significant role to play here. Also, my V strip was not symmetrical. That, I have fixed , by placing self tapping screws in the fixing tabs . Overall therefore a slight improvement.

Thanks for posting. We appreciate any and all feedback! This is not a common experience with the fascia. We have had many first time installers do this without issue around the world. We are currently working with UP Australia to get this issue resolved.

1A89FC4F-CC76-49CD-B15C-3C91673FBB9A.jpeg
D4BA946E-BCB9-4365-886B-7F9640DEBF37.jpeg
35349A2B-F394-4D23-8C0B-1F30A17FC509.jpeg
My installation has been modified by UP and my dealer here in Sydney, and it does look a whole lot better. Not perfect but acceptable and not really noticeable by casual inspection.
Essentially, two linked clips were installed on each side under the headlights, and held in place with 3M VHB automotive tape. The adhesive was allowed to “cure” overnight. (Same applies for any double sided tape, by the way - they all adhere better if left unstressed for a period of hours).
The bumper/fascia was prepared with two slots on the upper surface to receive the clips. Done with a Dremel saw. The clips and adhesive are under shear stress rather than pulling directly on the adhesive. This is much stronger than a direct pull would be.
So, once reinstallation occurred the clips engage the slots and forcibly hold the bumper much closer to the headlight, counter acting the forward “pout”.
I provide this information for others who may be experiencing the same issue. According to UP, the issue arose because heat was applied by the spray painter which caused distortion in the plastic which is not of the same composition as the OEM plastic and thus subject to thermal distortion.
Unfortunately, when I received it, the instructions particularly in relation to heat were NOT highlighted, and, the vast majority of commercial smash repairers just assume it is another plastic part and treat it as they would OEM.
I suggest that these parts have a large red adhesive label specifically stating that heat should not be used when curing the paint.

• Informative
View attachment 296005 View attachment 296006 View attachment 296007 My installation has been modified by UP and my dealer here in Sydney, and it does look a whole lot better. Not perfect but acceptable and not really noticeable by casual inspection.
Essentially, two linked clips were installed on each side under the headlights, and held in place with 3M VHB automotive tape. The adhesive was allowed to “cure” overnight. (Same applies for any double sided tape, by the way - they all adhere better if left unstressed for a period of hours).
The bumper/fascia was prepared with two slots on the upper surface to receive the clips. Done with a Dremel saw. The clips and adhesive are under shear stress rather than pulling directly on the adhesive. This is much stronger than a direct pull would be.
So, once reinstallation occurred the clips engage the slots and forcibly hold the bumper much closer to the headlight, counter acting the forward “pout”.
I provide this information for others who may be experiencing the same issue. According to UP, the issue arose because heat was applied by the spray painter which caused distortion in the plastic which is not of the same composition as the OEM plastic and thus subject to thermal distortion.
Unfortunately, when I received it, the instructions particularly in relation to heat were NOT highlighted, and, the vast majority of commercial smash repairers just assume it is another plastic part and treat it as they would OEM.
I suggest that these parts have a large red adhesive label specifically stating that heat should not be used when curing the paint.

I wouldn’t have accepted this, especially if the fitment was better withe OEM parts :mad::( Looks pretty bad. Hint: (Partial) refund...

There appears to be some actual shrinkage on the right side which I only noticed today. If you follow the top glass of the headlight down, it should smoothly meet the bumper. On the right, it doesn’t. Leads to a larger gap between bumper, hood and light. On the left the same line meets up.
Given the $6000 cost in Australia, I agree that it is not really acceptable.
This can be seen if you zoom right in on the full frontal picture above.