Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unofficial windows phone app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick note:
The thread title may be due for an update. While it's not "first party", this Windows Phone app is apparently "official". At the Bellevue Tech Talk last night Lance said that the phone app was available for the Windows Phone platform. It was confirmed with other employees that they are referring to this app.

new graphics are in the works, but not theirs

Would you be able to include a graphics file editor? That way, as I modify my car, I can change the look of my actual car on the app? Also, would you be able to build a connector or 'update' routine to push the updated graphic to the car? :D

What do you know about NFC and ability to activate communications between car and Windows phone? I'd really like to not carry around the Tesla key. I'm nervous about losing it and having to pay close to $400 to replace and program; whereas a Lumia 920 can be had for $300 or less.

Of course, like any end user, I'd like this priced close to 'free.99' and would like it bug-free by end of next week. Good?

Seriously though, I hope Tesla does adopt your app as the Official, Official Windows app for Tesla Connect. I sure hope that they pay your dues for it too....free tires for the next 8 years, 50% off a Model X, access to Tesla SDK so that you can attempt to build out more functionality, join the dev team for upcoming products, etc.

Big thank you for the Windows app

An update is coming soon-ish which shows the charge limit indicator and fixes a bug with the charge timer setting not always showing.

Further updates coming but my laptop was destroyed last week, I was able to get the mini-ssd out of it though, in a week I should have an adapter to read its contents -- that had the latest version of TeslaConnect on it, if I am unable to recover that -- I just lost some of the windowsRT version of the app.

some updates, took a couple months for me to get all my data recovered and laptop stuff replaced and set back up -- mostly back online now.

I updated the start of this thread -

a Windows 8 app version of Tesla Connect is now in the windows store - http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/tesla-connect/683c9dad-a2eb-474b-b753-6b73580bb6ed. This has all the functionality of Tesla Connect for Windows Phone except for GPS location of yourself (only shows car).

I'll be updating it to 8.1 soon (main benefit will be allowing more flexibility in the small window size).

some updates, took a couple months for me to get all my data recovered and laptop stuff replaced and set back up -- mostly back online now.

a Windows 8 app version of Tesla Connect is now in the windows store - http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/tesla-connect/683c9dad-a2eb-474b-b753-6b73580bb6ed. This has all the functionality of Tesla Connect for Windows Phone except for GPS location of yourself (only shows car).

I'll be updating it to 8.1 soon (main benefit will be allowing more flexibility in the small window size).
Good to hear from ya.

Awesome. Downloading it twice tonight!

Heated my car in the morning with the app. Works just like the phone app, but there is a picture of my car on the Win8 app.

Only comment is that the map 'window' seems small on my surface pro.

improved car graphics coming soon to phone - and other updates for both.

by small, do you mean the map isn't filling up like 80-90% of the overall view, or that its zoomed out too much by default or something? (if the former, does snapping and/or unsnapping help?)

improved car graphics coming soon to phone - and other updates for both.

by small, do you mean the map isn't filling up like 80-90% of the overall view, or that its zoomed out too much by default or something? (if the former, does snapping and/or unsnapping help?)

I'll screenshot it tonight. The zoom functions work fine. The map window seemed small (large margins) when I messed with it. Didn't try snapping and unsnapping. And it may have been because I rotated my Surface Pro, and changed the window aspect ratio as well.

I'll give you a better report.

An Update to Tesla Connect for WindowsPhone is now live (v0.5.4)
- this adds the improved car visual on the status screen (same as the windows8 version has - showing a car with your color / but not wheel type yet)
- improves wake from sleep for people with car's updated to v5.x firmware

Wake from sleep is a little slower than I'd like, and I think weak connections on WiFi are resulting in more failed requests from mobile apps, another update will be coming to further improve error handling, but I wanted to at least unblock wake from sleep which was almost 100% broken before this update.

FYI - If you do run into problems waiting for wakeup, usually if I wait 15 seconds and start the app again it will be able to connect to an awakened car and be OK.