Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unknowns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, 220/240 TS-70 from Clipper Creek.

Wouldn't it be wiser for Tesla to convert the existing TS-70's to the new format, and make the Roadster owners buy or provide them with an adapter for the new format connector rather than have two competing formats within their own fleet?

I am for ridding the world of the now "old" Tesla connector.

At no cost to me of course.

I heard from a store rep that it will be a contraption that attaches to the grille below the nose cone without drilling holes.

Awesome. Thank you Tesla for listening. I had been asking for a long time when I got my Roadster and didn't understand why that couldn't have been a summer intern side project or something. Glad they are working on this with the Model S.

Thought I'd ask a question i raised in my "driving EVs out of range" thread:

Does anyone know if a charge-port locks the charge cable in place while the car is being charged?

Can 14 year old boys who watch beavis and butthead and have far too much time on their hands walk along and disconnect my car?

Thanks

Thought I'd ask a question i raised in my "driving EVs out of range" thread:

Does anyone know if a charge-port locks the charge cable in place while the car is being charged?

Can 14 year old boys who watch beavis and butthead and have far too much time on their hands walk along and disconnect my car?

Thanks

Reportedly, yes, it locks, but any Model S owner can unlock it. I suppose that may be to support plug sharing, or maybe a shortcut for simplicity not having to code the transmitters for each car, or both.

I was just at the Menlo Park dealership and they had 4 S' there. Including beta 49, I spent A LOT of time with it. The car is really incredible, but it led me to ask the question, what is still unknown about the car? I figured we can make a list and cross things off when they are figured out!

Unknowns:
3G/4G connectivity: LTE? Carrier? Cost per month? Will their be hotspot functionality? Look at the label just above the Tm rep at one of the recent Amp'd Up Drives.

It has a SIM, meaning most likely ATT or Tmobile

The picture in the link shows something interesting about the 3G/4G connectivity. The label just above the TM representative's hand shows what looks like the ESN number of the mobile connectivity device.
Link
7518663410_fb8093b8e5_c.jpg

Last edited: