Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unknown alert msg id 0x5b8 bit 16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this error message two different times when I entered my Model S, and it went away after a minute or so. The message said "Unknown alert msg id 0x5b8 bit 16". Any ideas?
Got the same message in a parking garage while backing up (my second camera picture includes a little of the rear-view camera) a day or two ago. I meant to post but hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Also, perhaps of note, I got the windshield washer fluid message today.

Also, perhaps of note, I got the windshield washer fluid message today.

I too got the washer fluid low notice. Given the car is less than a week old without significant wiper use, I contemplated if Tesla was only filling the reservoir with a limited amount for some reason.

Also of note my phone synch had a bunch of numbers I did not recognize and all were dated 12/31/1969. I guess I forgot to mention I got the time machine option... Any other gremlins noticed?

I have had both.
filled the washer fluid the past three days to the top and the warning came one each morning / time I got in the car with a few exceptions.
The car drinks washer fluid when it is thirsty is my only explanation ;>
My service manager told me that Tesla will be pushing out a minor software upgrade very soon to address this warning issue.

I have had both.
filled the washer fluid the past three days to the top and the warning came one each morning / time I got in the car with a few exceptions.
The car drinks washer fluid when it is thirsty is my only explanation ;>

My service manager told me that Tesla will be pushing out a minor software upgrade very soon to address this warning issue.
Had both. Glad to hear they'll be fixing it soon. Perhaps it'll go out with the App!?

Hmmmmm.... maybe I shouldnt be sad I have YET to get 4.0 ....
The only issues I've had so far with 4.0 are distractions (the error messages, the mislabled callee, and such). Otherwise, it's been great as far as stability and features.

I do have one nit though: the new range on the walk away door locks is far too long for my taste. I use the fob to lock now because of it. I park in the corner of the garage at work and 50 feet isn't enough to trigger walk away locking, whereas 30 feet used to be enough.

i just saw this same message this morning. called service before i found this thread. they want me to bring it in. i asked if there was a software upgrade. has anyone received a software upgrade to 4.0 since this thread was started?

I just got the same message on a Model S I picked up at the factory yesterday, and yes it's on 4.0. I'm surprised that they're still delivering new vehicles with 4.0 (1.17.50) installed given the number of known issues described here.