Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unhappy Owners Post's Removed / Censored

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think about the other idiot who was driving on a 1 lane road and AutoSteer almost killed him and the passengers in the other lane. This is like handing a loading weapon to Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder.

Also, AutoPark sucks and doesn't work 99% of the time. Just throwing that in there too.

Look at some of the videos with it jerking the wheel into other lanes. Its too buggy for idiots who do not know how to use it properly.

These clippings are from your first 3-4 posts to the forum as a new member.

The "idiots" you are referring to are wk057 and fiksegts, both respected and sensible members of this community for quite some time. Sometimes when you join a forum or when you join a new group of people it helps to be a little bit more polite and friendly, to start off.

Also, no one has been killed, no car has jerked in to opposing traffic (neither on nor reports of it happening off camera) so why post statements like that? And autopark does work well, when used correctly. Did it occur to you that you might be doing something wrong?

The moderator's response was balanced and correct.

And autopark does work well, when used correctly. Did it occur to you that you might be doing something wrong?

I agree with everything you said, except this. I'd expect AutoPark to be more... consistent, I guess is the right term. Parking spaces I would except to park in (and do myself), I can only rarely get the P to show up.

I agree with everything you said, except this. I'd expect AutoPark to be more... consistent, I guess is the right term. Parking spaces I would except to park in (and do myself), I can only rarely get the P to show up.

Gone completely past the spot? Not too small or too big? Curb present?

These are the conditions Tesla have specified for the feature to work.

Gone completely past the spot? Not too small or too big? Curb present?

These are the conditions Tesla have specified for the feature to work.

Yes, yes and yes. I have gotten the P to show up. But most of the time it does not, even though I would expect it to (I know Tesla wants a 20' parking space minimum, not sure of the maximum).

My car needs something else looked at this week, I may ask service to make sure it's not a specific problem with my car (based on feedback here, I don't think it is).

Yes, yes and yes. I have gotten the P to show up. But most of the time it does not, even though I would expect it to (I know Tesla wants a 20' parking space minimum, not sure of the maximum).

My car needs something else looked at this week, I may ask service to make sure it's not a specific problem with my car (based on feedback here, I don't think it is).

I won't argue with you :)

Since I'm over here in EU and have a non-AP ready car anyway... So won't be testing these features for real before I get my X.

From reading people's experiences it seems the parking feature works well for some, poorly for others.

It was the least inflammatory and unsubstantiated of Arc's claims anyway, and also the least important IMO.

I was just pointing out that his posting style could be likened to first day at a new job or new school where your first move is throwing negative and exaggerated statements around in a loud and obnoxious voice in a large group of sensible, balanced and generally well read and polite group of people. Not a good strategy unless your goal is to trigger hostility.

I won't argue with you :)

Since I'm over here in EU and have a non-AP ready car anyway... So won't be testing these features for real before I get my X.

From reading people's experiences it seems the parking feature works well for some, poorly for others.

It was the least inflammatory and unsubstantiated of Arc's claims anyway, and also the least important IMO.

I was just pointing out that his posting style could be likened to first day at a new job or new school where your first move is throwing negative and exaggerated statements around in a loud and obnoxious voice in a large group of sensible, balanced and generally well read and polite group of people. Not a good strategy unless your goal is to trigger hostility.

Like I said, I agree with everything you said :)

To the people claiming I do not own a Tesla, to think- if I have issues I MUST NOT OWN A TESLA. Huh? Complete joke. The Fanboy meter is off the charts on this forum.

Direct from MyTesla page. Wish it showed my previous P85 too. Hilarious people would think I would waste my time on this forum if I didn't have a Tesla. Its ok, Im over here waiting for my service appointment to fix my rattles - an appt. I will be waiting ALMOST 7 WEEKS TO FIX. Glad you guys are ok with this type of service on an almost $140K car!

Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 2.27.11 PM.png

Did you ever think it might be your posting style towards members instead of your issues with Tesla? You came out of the gate swinging so of course some people reacted towards you in a negative way.

To the people claiming I do not own a Tesla, to think- if I have issues I MUST NOW OWN A TESLA. Huh? Complete joke. The Fanboy meter is off the charts on this forum.

Direct from MyTesla page. Wish it showed my previous P85 too. Hilarious people would think I would waste my time on this forum if I didn't have a Tesla. Its ok, Im over here waiting for my service appointment to fix my rattles - an appt. I will be waiting ALMOST 7 WEEKS TO FIX. Glad you guys are ok with this type of service on an almost $140K car!

View attachment 98612

Black is one if the best colors, congrats! I personally think it's second only to blue, MC red, green and dolphin grey.

Also 7 weeks is nothing! You should know how lucky you are. I once waited 7 months on sun visors with vanity mirrors.

I was going to make a new thread about this type of stuff, but will reply here. I have mixed feelings on this topic in general. Tesla is a public company and, as such, should be open to critiquing, perhaps deemed by the mod as "insulting to the brand." I agree that no one should get on here and insult other members personally, but what defines insulting to a brand (sort of a rhetorical question)? The worse thing one could say about the brand is that they think the brand sucks, yet they paid $100k for its product, so that kind of speaks for itself. Plus, isn't half of what these forums have become is someone voicing their opinions and people who don't agree with those opinions debate with that person? For better or worse...

What I have realized is that as time passes we will all have our pet peeves on what pisses us off or annoys us about Tesla or their cars. It could be: ?691hp, V7 UI, features falling short, poor communication, anything... your time will come!! And there will always be a large camp who is pissed off that someone is pissed off about their pet peeve! Yes, it is important to remember that we are blessed to have these machines and to have this company in existence; but the existence of forums is almost always based in some part on these disagreements. It's just how we go about arguing these disagreements that needs to be modded [emoji6].

Yeah, lucky. Blue is actually the worst color I have seen. Looks like a Ford Focus.

Did you see the now discontinued brown though? Lovely deep brown, like dark chocolate. Man I loved that color.

Also, if your rattle gets worse during your wait and annoys you to the point of loosing focus while driving, causing you to jerk the car in to oncoming traffic, be sure to let us know you're OK afterwards!

I regret it to this day.

That is interesting you say this. I spoke with a guy at the San Diego SC and he said the same thing to me. He regretted the blue color, but when I asked why, he just said "I don't know, I see the other colors on the road and like them better.. it just never grew on me". Personally, I just don't think its the car for blue. But its a preference and to each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Good example of your posting style. I imagine a few people here ordered blue.

If you mean by posting style - interesting, eclectic, intelligent, handsome, witty, and downright amazing - you would be right.

If you mean by posting style - interesting, eclectic, intelligent, handsome, witty, and downright amazing - you would be right.

You've been a troll the moment you first posted, your first post was some ridiculous fire starting rant about auto steering, then you continue to top it off with more and more inflammatory statements. What did you expect? I won't even get into your personal attack against me...

I think the way it was handled was more than fair...

Jeff

I was going to make a new thread about this type of stuff, but will reply here. I have mixed feelings on this topic in general. Tesla is a public company and, as such, should be open to critiquing, perhaps deemed by the mod as "insulting to the brand."
While Tesla is a public company this site is most certainly not and is not connected to Tesla is any way. This is "Doug's house" and so he can deem what is appropriate and what is not. In the same way if you're in my house and I don't like what you're saying I can kick you out. There's no such thing as free speech on private property.

I don't always agree w/ the mod's decisions but they spend a lot of time on here for nothing but the "glory" of being a TMC mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ar4c - your post was moved to snippiness and you received a PM because of your personal attacks, not because of your criticism of Tesla. You can't call someone an "idiot" on this forum; that sort of ad homenin attack just lowers the tone. It also seriously undermines your own arguments - people will discount your opinions if you just resort to personal attacks instead of defending your points rationally.

You can criticize Tesla all you want. If your criticisms are warranted you will get others agreeing with you. If your criticisms are unwarranted or exaggerated you will get push back from other members. That's okay as long as THEY don't get personal. Nothing wrong with a vigorous discussion of the issues - in fact that would be very welcome - as long as it doesn't get personal.

We also keep an eye out for "trolling" behavior. That means you're deliberately trying to rile up people, rather than engage in a discussion. For the record, it is considered rude on this forum to call another member a troll. In the event of trolling on the forum, people should simply report the behavior to the moderators.

If however you, or anyone else, criticizes or insults another member, you can expect the posts to be moved to snippiness. If there is a consistent pattern of behavior, then the site administrators may impose additional sanctions. First one or more warnings are issued. If the behavior continues, a temporary ban will be imposed. If that does not improve things, then a permanent ban may be imposed.

You have already received one warning. Please take it to heart.