Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Unable to Wake Up Car from App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my M3 for about 6 months, and absolutely love it, except one annoyance. About 50% of the time when the car is parked in my garage I can't wake it up from the app.

I have a great AT&T and WiFi signal in the garage, and sometimes it works just fine. If it isn't working, all I have to do is manually unlock the car, then the app will immediately see the car. This makes heating/cooling/Summon less consistent.

What can I do?

I have the same problem. I tried everything, rebooting etc...the problem comes back no matter what. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't.
It won't happen when I charge. I talked to SC many times but they didn't do anything.

I have the same problem. I tried everything, rebooting etc...the problem comes back no matter what. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't.
It won't happen when I charge. I talked to SC many times but they didn't do anything.

Same here - rebooted car, updated firmware, uninstalled/reinstalled app (happens on all my phones) - only way to fix it is to wake up the car by opening the door, then the app immediately updates.

Having this issue right now. The car in in Atlanta and I’m in Puerto Rico. But I’ve been checking on it every day and was even able to this morning. Now, since the 5,000 mile supercharger referral thing came up, I can’t wake the car up and when I log into my account online I can't see the referral link or anything under my account. Wonder what the heck happened.

Sucks because I stopped the charge at like 240 miles (ill be fine Friday when I get back) but my plan was to have it charge 90% the night before I go home. Now I can’t get to the car to tell it anything.

7F7BD51E-E129-4F9D-AD6C-064B63D9DB06.jpeg