Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got around to peeling off the bubbly TapTes console wrap and fitting my shiny new Abstract Ocean one. Well, not shiny, that was the whole idea ;)

E57E68F8-4E2B-4E9C-AF7D-444031CFE60D.jpeg

Has anyone found good quality all weather mats, frunk and bootliners for UK Model 3 yet? Facing weekend trips to dark corners of the Welsh valleys with kids football boots galore and would like to keep the interior protected.

Weathertech have rear mats (£90) plus frunk (£84) and boot (£114) liners but no front mats yet :rolleyes: - 2019 Tesla Model 3 | WeatherTech Custom Boot Liners Cargo Mat | WeathertechEurope.com United Kingdom (UK)

If your going to be spending that sort of money why don’t you just buy OEM products from Tesla?

Got a quick reply from [email protected] re available UK parts for M3:

Frunk - Rubber mat: £63.00
Frunk - Carpet mat: £32.00
Trunk - Rubber mat: £110.00
Interior carpet mats : £85.00
Roof Rack: £430.00
M3 Aero wheel cap kit: £45.00
M3 Wheel Locks: £45.00
Lightning cable: £14.00
USB-C cable: £14.00

Although interior all weather mats not available from Tesla UK at the moment.

Last edited:
just got some door kick films from some Chinese knock off shop on ebay. Tried fitting them and there's no way they'll do. Rear ones aren't actually going to fit the front curve without bubbling and the front ones fit fine as long as you want either the front or the rear part aligned... but not both. Contacted vendor so we'll see if I get a refund. Only £8 but I'm not hopeful.

Here's where I bought them from just in case anyone is looking at getting a similar item. I assume the many vendors there all sell the same item which is worthless...

4Pcs Pad Car Door Accessories Interior Anti Kick Film Set for Tesla Model 3 | eBay

Sorry no links although I had previously linked to them. Just make sure any cards are sold direct Amazon or a reputable online store Where to Buy SanDisk - Find a Retailer

These are still untested in > 2016.16 and dual card mode so don't take it a red just yet

Ordered item(s):

SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Cards for Dashcams and Home Monitoring 128 GB MicroSDXC Card + SD Adapter, Up to 100 MB/s Read and 40 MB/s Write, Class 10, U3, V30, White
£30.99
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

UGREEN SD Card Reader USB 3.0 Dual Slots Memory Card Reader Adapter for SD, SDXC, SDHC, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SD, TF, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, UHS-I for Mac, Windows, Linux, Surface Pro, Chromebook, PS4 etc
£9.99
Sold by: UGREEN GROUP LIMITED UK

Still awaiting delivery (now overdue) of:
SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance Up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U1
£16.99
Sold by: Base

Apologies if you've already provided some feedback but just wondering how you've been getting on with these?

Its early days, but whilst it works, I've had a few oddities. I suspect it may be the twin card reader as pulling USB or card out has resolved. Might make it a more robust install and Velcro it to inside of console so it does not move around on its flying lead.
  • After playing audio for a short while, got error message that it couldn't play the track and an x icon. No tracks would then seem to play. Unplugged/replugged USB, problem cleared.
  • Put in brand new formatted Tesla Cam disc last night, seemed to be OK. This morning, got error message saying card was incorrectly formatted for sentry mode. Removed memory card and reinserted, seemed to be fine again. Haven't checked todays footage. May have been a typo in naming the TeslaCam folder as did it from memory.
My audio is about 4000 tracks of lossless FLAC, around 100GB of audio. So it may possibly be putting a strain on things if console computer (MCU?) is a bit limited on resources like RAM. May also be that writing sentry streams whilst reading audio using same USB 2 port is asking a bit much.

Unfortunately a bit early to give whole story and I am not a regular enough user to play with these things day in day out, but I think the endurance cards are OK for dashcam with the caveat of no idea how long they will last, but not fully convinced of dual card setup yet.

Its early days, but whilst it works, I've had a few oddities. I suspect it may be the twin card reader as pulling USB or card out has resolved. Might make it a more robust install and Velcro it to inside of console so it does not move around on its flying lead.
  • After playing audio for a short while, got error message that it couldn't play the track and an x icon. No tracks would then seem to play. Unplugged/replugged USB, problem cleared.
  • Put in brand new formatted Tesla Cam disc last night, seemed to be OK. This morning, got error message saying card was incorrectly formatted for sentry mode. Removed memory card and reinserted, seemed to be fine again. Haven't checked todays footage. May have been a typo in naming the TeslaCam folder as did it from memory.
My audio is about 4000 tracks of lossless FLAC, around 100GB of audio. So it may possibly be putting a strain on things if console computer (MCU?) is a bit limited on resources like RAM. May also be that writing sentry streams whilst reading audio using same USB 2 port is asking a bit much.

Unfortunately a bit early to give whole story and I am not a regular enough user to play with these things day in day out, but I think the endurance cards are OK for dashcam with the caveat of no idea how long they will last, but not fully convinced of dual card setup yet.
USB dosnt gave enough through put for both flax and dashcam....

USB dosnt gave enough through put for both flax and dashcam....

It should do..

A CD track ripped to FLAC will be around 0.1-0.2MB/s, eg a 5 minute track takes around 35MB of storage. So even 96/24 audio is fairly modest.

A typical teslacam clip appears around 37MB for just under a minute (approx 0.6MB/s), of which there are 4 of. So that is around 2.5MB/s assuming the data is being streamed.

So we are talking under 3MB/s for streaming FLAC audio and 4 cameras, well within the capabilities of USB 2 and even a moderate SD card. My Sandisk endurance (Teslacam) and Ultra (Audio) micro SD cards are rated up to 100MB/s, so well in excess of USB 2 let alone the data rates we are talking about.

What is unknown, is how it is reading and writing that data. If TeslaCam decides to dump 144MB of data (4 x 57sec files) in one hit, then thats obviously not going to happen instantly, say 4 - 8 seconds at full speed, so that may well upset the audio. Its all going to be depending on what is going on whilst all this is happening and what resources the car has to do this.

It should do..

A CD track ripped to FLAC will be around 0.1-0.2MB/s, eg a 5 minute track takes around 35MB of storage. So even 96/24 audio is fairly modest.

A typical teslacam clip appears around 37MB for just under a minute (approx 0.6MB/s), of which there are 4 of. So that is around 2.5MB/s assuming the data is being streamed.

So we are talking under 3MB/s for streaming FLAC audio and 4 cameras, well within the capabilities of USB 2 and even a moderate SD card. My Sandisk endurance (Teslacam) and Ultra (Audio) micro SD cards are rated up to 100MB/s, so well in excess of USB 2 let alone the data rates we are talking about.

What is unknown, is how it is reading and writing that data. If TeslaCam decides to dump 144MB of data (4 x 57sec files) in one hit, then thats obviously not going to happen instantly, say 4 - 8 seconds at full speed, so that may well upset the audio. Its all going to be depending on what is going on whilst all this is happening and what resources the car has to do this.
hmm then yes it should be.

one would assume a system like telas would have enough ram and compute power. what it may not have is the correct rating of DAC AMP and that could be whats suffering. if it has to decode on processor instead of in the dac amp.. its going to slow down no end.