Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So has anyone found any decent videos on Youtube of what we need to set up in the car when we collect them? Like what do we need to swap in the menus, turn on, turn off, adjust etc etc. Don't know about you lot but I have no clue what I need to do 😅 I've got the usual checklist for the bodywork etc but setting up the car nada 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: benjamin1234
So has anyone found any decent videos on Youtube of what we need to set up in the car when we collect them? Like what do we need to swap in the menus, turn on, turn off, adjust etc etc. Don't know about you lot but I have no clue what I need to do 😅 I've got the usual checklist for the bodywork etc but setting up the car nada 🤷‍♂️

Congratulations on your new car!

Even though I'm waiting for the Juniper Y, I've been watching more YouTube about Tesla than is good for me. The top few here (apart from sponsored ones) are from really knowledgable about their cars and Tesla. All worth a watch if you have the time, I've found them very informative, so much so that I knew more about the settings than the Tesla rep when I had a test drive.

Honestly it's really easy. I'd just learn how to move your wheel, mirrors, put it into gear and then head off on the day. Then park up when you can and just geek out for half an hour through all the menus. There's nothing much you need to do but a lot you might want to look at and play with or try.

Guys, This is my full order progression so far if you're interested. The car is a cash purchase so not sure that makes any difference at all.

Tesla Order Progress

29th February 2024.

-Website shows estimated delivery April-May 2024 before I place my order

-Order placed for RWD Model 3, Ultra Red, 19” Alloys, Black Interior.

-After order placed estimated delivery is changed to 29th May-1st August 2024(In the app)

30th March 2024.

-Estimated delivery has now changed in the app to 10th May-27th June

2nd April 2024

-Opened app to a new pop up screen notification saying “Tesla Vision is now used not USS” or words to that effect. Had to accept to proceed.

-Estimated delivery has changed in the app to 17th May-1st June

-Text message received from Tesla informing me that a reg number is now assigned and to complete my pre delivery tasks. No VIN assigned yet.

-Ive filled out all the pre delivery info, name, address etc and uploaded photos of my drivers license front/back

3rd April 2024

-Text message from Tesla to schedule a collection appointment. First available date was 16th May. Booked for 10:30am collection.

24th April 2024

-App has updated today asking to complete my delivery tasks. It’s now showing the final payment due with the account details for the wire transfer. Card payment not allowed.

-VIN has now appeared in the vehicle details screen

-My collection date is still the one I picked (May 16th @10:30am)

25th April 2024

-I’ve made a part payment today because my bank doesn’t allow over £25,000 in bank transfers in a single day.

Note: When the Tesla account details are entered into your online banking you will probably get a warning that the details can’t be verified. This is because the bank they use is not using the system that uk banks use for verification.

Double check that you entered the correct account number and sort code and make sure that you add your RN number into the reference field. I also emailed a screenshot to the email address that Tesla asked for confirmation to be sent to.

26th April 2024

I made the second/final payment today. Tesla sent me an email receipt after approximately 30 minutes and the new balance due was reflecting in the app. After yesterday’s payment they did the same. If I tap the blue “View” button in the app it takes me straight to the delivery day tab where there is a note to check back on my appointment day :)

Ordered 16th Feb Model Y LR Midnight silver,
Apps gone Feb-Mar, Mar-Apr. Apr-May, May - June.
8th April call to say midnight silver no longer available so would I accept Quicksilver - App Changed to 20 May – 4 June.
16th April got a delivery date booked for 18th May
27th April VIN number appeared LRW – China so guess its on RCC Compass
Just under 3 weeks to go!

Reactions: ben pollard
Guys, This is my full order progression so far if you're interested. The car is a cash purchase so not sure that makes any difference at all.

Tesla Order Progress

29th February 2024.

-Website shows estimated delivery April-May 2024 before I place my order

-Order placed for RWD Model 3, Ultra Red, 19” Alloys, Black Interior.

-After order placed estimated delivery is changed to 29th May-1st August 2024(In the app)

30th March 2024.

-Estimated delivery has now changed in the app to 10th May-27th June

2nd April 2024

-Opened app to a new pop up screen notification saying “Tesla Vision is now used not USS” or words to that effect. Had to accept to proceed.

-Estimated delivery has changed in the app to 17th May-1st June

-Text message received from Tesla informing me that a reg number is now assigned and to complete my pre delivery tasks. No VIN assigned yet.

-Ive filled out all the pre delivery info, name, address etc and uploaded photos of my drivers license front/back

3rd April 2024

-Text message from Tesla to schedule a collection appointment. First available date was 16th May. Booked for 10:30am collection.

24th April 2024

-App has updated today asking to complete my delivery tasks. It’s now showing the final payment due with the account details for the wire transfer. Card payment not allowed.

-VIN has now appeared in the vehicle details screen

-My collection date is still the one I picked (May 16th @10:30am)

25th April 2024

-I’ve made a part payment today because my bank doesn’t allow over £25,000 in bank transfers in a single day.

Note: When the Tesla account details are entered into your online banking you will probably get a warning that the details can’t be verified. This is because the bank they use is not using the system that uk banks use for verification.

Double check that you entered the correct account number and sort code and make sure that you add your RN number into the reference field. I also emailed a screenshot to the email address that Tesla asked for confirmation to be sent to.

26th April 2024

I made the second/final payment today. Tesla sent me an email receipt after approximately 30 minutes and the new balance due was reflecting in the app. After yesterday’s payment they did the same. If I tap the blue “View” button in the app it takes me straight to the delivery day tab where there is a note to check back on my appointment day :)
That’s really helpful thank you for posting

Hi mate, I'm also going through a leasing company, be good to know your experience with updates and delivery info. I have an est date of 7 -22 june
Mines through tusker.

I went through the process on their website and then they were quick to process order and set up all relevant docs etc. they were also super quick to come and install the charging point at home.

I’ve found their comms limited and I’ve needed to chase them a few times for updates etc.

They accepted delivery date for me without consulting if I would be about which had the potential to be an issue. I only get updates through the Tesla app really.