Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had an autopilot meltdown halfway down the M6, middle lane, moderate traffic, alarms, gongs, bongs… keep your hands on the wheel…. They are on the wheel, indicated by me violently wiggling the steering from side to side, no joy - autopilot aborting! Never had it before and it was fine for 59 miles. Glitch of the last release?
I just had this on 2022.44.25.3. "Take control immediately" and lots of beeping. I wasn't quite sure what it wanted me to do though, as I was driving entirely manually at the time :) (I had tried to engage TACC a few seconds earlier but it had failed to engage.)

For the rest of the drive TACC, etc, didn't work. Seems clear that some neural nets were down, as I was getting visualisations of road markings but not of other cars. I'm guessing one of the autopilot computer nodes crashed (and failed to reboot). Was back to normal the next day - as the car would have gone to sleep this effectively power-cycles the autopilot computer.

Just got 2022.44.30 today, so hoping this resolves whatever the underlying problem is.

Could be a YouTube issue. They are constantly cocking around with their playback settings to try and defeat adblockers and something they’ve done recently could have caused this. Just as likely to be a Tesla goof though!

Could be a YouTube issue. They are constantly cocking around with their playback settings to try and defeat adblockers and something they’ve done recently could have caused this. Just as likely to be a Tesla goof though!
how is it youtube issue if you cannot select the dropdown list which changes the resolution?

you just press the button and nothing happens.

how is it youtube issue if you cannot select the dropdown list which changes the resolution?

Because when you load the video the player in the car will ask YouTube for a list of available resolutions. If YouTube have changed something to combat “unauthorised” players (which is how mobile apps avoid adverts) then it could have accidentally impacted the player the Tesla uses.

I've tried iPlayer, Prime video and Vimeo and there is no new limit on data rates from them. Hopefully it's not a Tesla change to the player itself. I've tried accessing from the browser and via TeslaTV (my usual route) as well as from the media app but they all seem to activate the Tesla player with the same restriction.

Because when you load the video the player in the car will ask YouTube for a list of available resolutions. If YouTube have changed something to combat “unauthorised” players (which is how mobile apps avoid adverts) then it could have accidentally impacted the player the Tesla uses.
Since I have premium account on YT, there is no adverts.
I think the YT app is the legit app from YT

at the same time, What I understand it's a bug in the app/software version

This can be easily proved or disproved if it's the car or YouTube by someone who has an older version on their car testing it out and seeing if the issue is there or not

It would be interesting to know that. However, I'm not sure if that necessarily proves whether this is an intentional change by either party because the change may apply to older "web app" as well. If Youtube is able to modify how they serve their content based on it being flagged in some way as a Tesla connection I'm guessing it could apply across the board. I'm hoping that Tesla is going to respond to my service request by telling me that it's a blip caused by a change at Youtube's end ... but it could be either party.

I hope people are contacting Tesla to make sure that the Service Centres know that we are having issues with the infotainment with regards to Youtube playback resolution. It's useful for us to establish the issue here on the forum but Tesla needs to know... clearly it's not likely to be top of their list of car issues so easily ignored ... unless we point it out! Those of us who have been here for a while remember how we managed to push to get the SIM nationality changed back so that UK Youtube and iPlayer worked properly ...

Sounds like an issue with YouTube rather than Tesla so I'm not sure what reporting it to them will achieve
Yes but could be either. (It's not affecting other streamers so it looks to be only Youtube presently but the first mentions on this thread were in terms of Tesla doing this intentionally to restrict data use and then questioning the "premium" data service they are paying for.)

I wonder if it's just me or everyone else the same: Youtube is stuck at 360p and you cannot change quality?!

Had that earlier, the drop down just wasn't responding at all

"premium" connectivity...

if that is a sarcasm - then joke is good :D

I mean it should allow at least to change the resolution

how to report a bug???

Derek at Tesla Service Edinburgh responded to my service request regarding this saying that it is due to a YouTube change (not a Tesla change) and will be rectified with an update once resolved. Given that all the other streaming services seemed to be working normally this always seemed the most likely scenario.