Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two rear-ends in two weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picture this. There was a car behind us with two people in the front. The passenger decided it would be a great idea to open the door and yell "Move!" at the top of his voice - even though we were standing in stationary traffic. Seemingly riled by our failure to comply he then reached across to the steering wheel and started honking the horn (much to the obvious displeasure of the driver who was trying to make him stop.) For the next 1/4 of a mile or so he followed us doing that repeatedly, winding himself up even more and more. I decided he was probably mentally unstable so we ignored him... after checking the doors were locked! Eventually they went a different route and as he passed he glared at us as if he wanted to kill us!

Most bizarre and I've never seen anything like it. Is Tesla rage a thing?!

Some people are just arseholes?

Picture this. There was a car behind us with two people in the front. The passenger decided it would be a great idea to open the door and yell "Move!" at the top of his voice - even though we were standing in stationary traffic. Seemingly riled by our failure to comply he then reached across to the steering wheel and started honking the horn (much to the obvious displeasure of the driver who was trying to make him stop.) For the next 1/4 of a mile or so he followed us doing that repeatedly, winding himself up even more and more. I decided he was probably mentally unstable so we ignored him... after checking the doors were locked! Eventually they went a different route and as he passed he glared at us as if he wanted to kill us!

Most bizarre and I've never seen anything like it. Is Tesla rage a thing?!

Probably a drunk person after coming back from the Tesla shorts Christmas party or maybe he is a jealous Zoe/Leaf owner!

Thankfully he was not driving but its stupid to start messing with strangers for all he knew there could have been a car full of tough guys who could have turned his car upside down.

Best solution is get away from them asap, keep doors locked and don't react in anyway.

I keep getting boy racers in 1.1 litre Citreon Saxo's driving way too close behind me for some odd reason. Or Mondeo drivers trying to overtake when there is just no way they can make it. They must know it only takes a little touch of the accelerator to annihilate them.... knowing this myself makes me less inclined to show them.

I've actually found people more considerate since we got our MS. On TACC or AP on the motorway there is less incentive to keep the gap in front small to stop people cutting in so it's more relaxing. There are the occasional loonies of course. Merry Christmas everyone!