Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
somebodies accumulating................look at this am
upload_2017-7-21_12-37-9.png

and a closer look at 2pm yesterday to right now @12:39 it "curls up my toes"
upload_2017-7-21_12-39-30.png

Any one follow the 'squeeze' indicator popularized by the trader, John F Carter?
It occurs when the bollinger bands contract inside the keltner channel on your time frame of interest, and often precedes a SP move. On the 60 min chart, it looks like TSLA was/is in the squeeze zone, and is waiting for both upper and lower bollinger bands to expand outside of the keltner channel for the move to be on.
This effect was apparent on the 6/20-6/23 time frame of last month.
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 2.21.54 PM.png

Last edited:
I just pull up keltner channel, and bollinger band indicators in active trader pro / fidelity.
Carter sells his own proprietary software add-on for use.
He also recommends using a 12 period momentum oscillator in conjunction.

Last edited:
Interesting. It's not currently the case on the daily chart, where the BBs remain outside.
Right. Carter recommends that the SP will make a definitive move roughly equal to the amount of time that it was being squeezed. So if you see it on the 60 min chart, you will be looking at a matter of hours. If you see it on the daily chart, a matter of days.
Thats not necessarily the full time potential of the move, but the amount that he predicts is worth trading over.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
I should add, that his software (which is basically an easier visual representation of Bollinger bands, keltner channel, and momentum oscillator, is not available to add to brokerage software from Fidelity, or probably Schwab.
You can add it to a trading platform, like TradeStation, which isn't part of a brokerage to my knowledge.

• Informative
Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 7.22.49 AM.png
I just pull up keltner channel, and bollinger band indicators in active trader pro / fidelity.
Carter sells his own proprietary software add-on for use.
He also recommends using a 12 period momentum oscillator in conjunction.
Thank you for explaining how to obtain this image.
Once Chaikin offered free software that was decent, so whenever I see his name I try to use and apply the tool, kind of as respect/thanks.
Does adding Chaikin Money Flow help in any way?
And if it does, what period makes the most sense.

In recent months, ascending triangles on the daily time frame that last two or more weeks have been good indicators for further upside (even if only for short-term gains). There isn't much space left in that triangle, so we should find out soon enough.

Hmm, here let it be shown a TA indicator totally worked as it should have. I got some weekly calls for it but not nearly enough!

july_24.JPG

Hmm, here let it be shown a TA indicator totally worked as it should have. I got some weekly calls for it but not nearly enough!
Picture perfect. I wonder if we get a re-trace. I also wonder what the upside target is.

It was a very correct looking ascending triangle. 345-350 shouldn't be out of the question.You can get re-traces though prior to new highs.