Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're absolutely hilarious. I'm not retarded and your paid basher tactics won't work on me.

P.S. I bought these calls on Friday before the not-going-private announcement, which consequently popped them up a lot. I'm already in the green even at current sp.

Go away

Actually his comment doesn't seem to be one that would originate from a paid basher at all. I think you're making a mistake maligning him. I also have the same thought- the premium of calls is high right now. As the premium on calls is high right now, implied volatility is high, the premium on puts right now is high and so creating a synthetic stock position would be of use to offset the high premiums paid on calls.

All the same, I hope you (and I) make a killing on owning calls.

I’ve allways said it’s really nice to be going at 80 and only using 3- 100 watt light bulbs! (Or less!)
?
I believe you're referring to previously mentioned 300 Wh/mile @80m/hr?
If so, that's 24KW power, i.e 240 100 watt light bulbs.
Another way to look at it is that 300Wh is equal to one mile, i.e. 45 sec of driving, and is equal to 3 hrs of 100watt light bulb operating.

Lots of people mix up power and energy, i.e. respectively watt and Wh (watt hour)

Actually his comment doesn't seem to be one that would originate from a paid basher at all. I think you're making a mistake maligning him. I also have the same thought- the premium of calls is high right now. As the premium on calls is high right now, implied volatility is high, the premium on puts right now is high and so creating a synthetic stock position would be of use to offset the high premiums paid on calls.

All the same, I hope you (and I) make a killing on owning calls.

More hilarity. Ok I'll take the bait for a second.

1) leaps went up in price after the staying public announcement. Not down as he asserted.

2) Shoot man, there's literally nothing to take seriously about what he said. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt but are you being sincere?

Like I'd be happy to explain the basics of options trading to you if you don't understand it. That's not a jab, I'm just really at a loss if anyone takes what that guy said seriously.

Last edited:
1) leaps went up in price after the go private announcement. Not down as he asserted.

Revhappy2 referenced the 420 leaps and said they went down.
"I believe some people here, were caught on the wrong foot when the LEAPS above 420 crashed on the go private news."
If we look at the calls he referenced in his post, he is correct. Elon's tweet was on August 7.

If we compare the day before the tweet to the day after the tweet: Fidelity reports 420 strike calls for 2020 closed at 52.80 on August 6, and on Aug 9 they closed at 38.5. Since then they have not closed above 40. Thus they went down on the tweet news.

I don't have them, I dunno if you have different strike calls, but he was correct in asserting that the 420 strike leaps went down in value on the tweet. Logically it makes sense that the 420 calls would go down on the tweet because if tesla went private at 420 a call holder would get no money for their call.

Last edited:
I’ve allways said it’s really nice to be going at 80 and only using 3- 100 watt light bulbs! (Or less!)

around 300 watt hour of energy per mile, for one hour you traveled 80 miles cost you 24,000 watt hour. divide 24 kilo watt hour by an hour that's 24 kilo watt, you are burning 240 light bulbs

wow that is blindingly bright.

Last edited:
Revhappy2 referenced the 420 leaps and said they went down.
"I believe some people here, were caught on the wrong foot when the LEAPS above 420 crashed on the go private news."
If we look at the calls he referenced in his post, he is correct. Elon's tweet was on August 7.

If we compare the day before the tweet to the day after the tweet: Fidelity reports 420 strike calls for 2020 closed at 52.80 on August 6, and on Aug 9 they closed at 38.5. Since then they have not closed above 40. Thus they went down on the tweet news.

I don't have them, I dunno if you have different strike calls, but he was correct in asserting that the 420 strike leaps went down in value on the tweet. Logically it makes sense that the 420 calls would go down on the tweet because if tesla went private at 420 a call holder would get no money for their call.

Ok, sheepishly I have to admit I misread part of that. I thought he meant the "staying public" announcement. Not the "going private" announcement. The rest of what he said was nonsensical so it triggered my bear-dar

Ok, sheepishly I have to admit I misread part of that. I thought he meant the "staying public" announcement. Not the "going private" announcement. The rest of what he said was nonsensical so it triggered my bear-dar
haha i didn't realize you were talking about the stay public event. it's all good.

Ok back to MARKET ACTIONS! Buffet's comments will likely cause another down.

For years I don't understand my fellow bulls thinking of Buffet or Apple buying Tesla. It has been clear as day to me that it won't happen.

Buffet buying BYD is an exception, not rules. First, he generally don't like company with no profit. And he does not like to invest on a single 'unstable' person. He never considered apple when Steve Jobs was there. He said he regretted about Amazon but he never made any move, even when Bezos being a steady hand and very business oriented.

Over the years he had made several comments about Elon for his 'unpredictable'. The most obvious one is his comments in last BRK's share holder meeting, using an example that Elon said several years ago Tesla won't raise capital and then turned around and did just that.

Apple want to control the entire experience. Guess what, so does Tesla. As an old Chinese saying, one hill can not accommodate two tigers.

Yes, deliberately, because that 20 gallons of finished gasoline product is the approximate yield when you start with 42 gallons of raw crude. I believe that's correct, anyway. No doubt it's better in some fields, worse in others. Remember, an ICE car "ignores" two thirds of the energy in that gallon of gasoline, too.
Read more here:
How many gallons of gasoline and diesel fuel are made from one barrel of oil? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
Robin

products_from_barrel_crude_oil-large.jpg

Ok back to MARKET ACTIONS! Buffet's comments will likely cause another down.

For years I don't understand my fellow bulls thinking of Buffet or Apple buying Tesla. It has been clear as day to me that it won't happen.

Buffet buying BYD is an exception, not rules. First, he generally don't like company with no profit. And he does not like to invest on a single 'unstable' person. He never considered apple when Steve Jobs was there. He said he regretted about Amazon but he never made any move, even when Bezos being a steady hand and very business oriented.

Over the years he had made several comments about Elon for his 'unpredictable'. The most obvious one is his comments in last BRK's share holder meeting, using an example that Elon said several years ago Tesla won't raise capital and then turned around and did just that.

Apple want to control the entire experience. Guess what, so does Tesla. As an old Chinese saying, one hill can not accommodate two tigers.

The FOX headline about Tesla, Apple and Buffet is basically a lie.

Here's what Buffett really said:

When asked whether he’d support Apple buying Tesla, Buffett offered his support but was skeptical.

“I’d support whatever Tim Cook does, but I think it’d be a very poor idea to get in the auto business,” Buffett said.

Selling cars is “not an easy business,” with plenty of competition, no first-mover advantage, and you win one year and lose the next, he said. “It does not give you a permanent advantage,” Buffett said.​

Buffett didn't refer to Tesla specifically in his reply, he outlined that he thinks it's a bad idea in general for Apple to enter the car business.

He is more or less correct regarding ICE carmakers, but ironically he misses the one exception where his description fails: Tesla.

Tesla has a number of unique characteristics that make it hard to "copy", and Tesla has a heck of a first mover advantage, but Buffett doesn't understand tech companies (which he freely admits).

Anyway, I wouldn't expect much of a market reaction from anyone who has gone beyond the headline and actually read what Buffett has said.

Losing credibility by pointing out that rating agency - where entire point of their existence is to correctly assess and rate stocks - rated complete trash as something most desirable? There is no bigger mistake (ha! "mistake", right) that rating agency can do.

As far I am concerned, all rating agences are utter trash.
Fitch retained its reputation through the 2008 crisis -- it simply refuses to rate a lot of stuff at all. S&P and Moody's would rate any trash you showed them, and they are both worthless.

Tesla Semi returns to Des Moines, IA as road tests and customer visits continue

Has anyone done the math on increase of container space by having no engine or exhaust system on Tesla Semi (thus making the truck more compact for more trailer length)
Zero. The length is limited by turning radius at the kingpin.

Won’t need to change the overall length of truck and container combo so can keep overall standard head to toe length.

Since rail could be phased out with platooning,
Won't happen

could Tesla also develop a new global container size standard since they have first mover advantage in this space (just as they’ve done with supercharger network)?
No

Add: could also develop an initiative to turn rail system into new highway system, possibly incorporate hyperloop... just so many massive possibilities Tesla opens up cross every facet of our economy...
Complete idiocy.

I happen to know the history of containerization. Just no. None of this. It's all nonsense.

The Semi's going to be great and will probably be the best selling semi tractor of all time. Don't get carried away by nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.