Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on today with Tesla
Did you see what appear when you choose on USA Tesla website model 3 order
"
Designed to attain the highest safety ratings in every category, Model 3 achieves 220 miles of range while starting at only $35,000 before incentives. Model 3 deliveries are beginning in the US based on whether you are an employee, if you own a Tesla, and when you placed your reservation, and will continue by country.
"

How much does 23 Spacex launches in 2018 pay Elon?
Hmm good question, since Elon did open up the possibility of taking a greater stake in Tesla in one of his 'go-private' communications.

So $62M per launch, 23 launches, 25% margin(??) ==> ~ $350M profit in 2018

But R&D expense for BFR must be huge right now, so not sure how much capital Elon would be inclined to shift toward Tesla.

My feeling is if Elon can make Tesla grow to plan w/o injecting his own capital, he will. And if TSLA market cap hits $650B in 10 yrs, Elons will own about 32% of that*, or about $200B.

Note* Elon's tranches of 1% of TSLA stock occur every $50B in market cap:
100 150 200 250 300 350 400 450 500 550 600 650 = ~ 12% total

Question is, how much to build a city on Mars over 40 years? A trillion? 5?
Anyway $200B won't get it done. So, asteroid mining it is. But this is getting too far off Market Action, so I'll stop here.

Cheers!

Reactions: Foghat and wipster
Sold most of my shares today. For many different reasons. Tesla is an awesome company with awesome products. I think it will eventually be successful but many hurdles to still overcome. Management has s spotty record and I have been giving them a benefit of the doubt but I think at this point in my life no reason to take excessive risk. Elon is a visionary.but is unreliable and unpredictable. I doubt that will change. Recent tweet was ridiculous. Thanks for all your advice over the years and best of luck. Peace out.

Sold most of my shares today. For many different reasons. Tesla is an awesome company with awesome products. I think it will eventually be successful but many hurdles to still overcome. Management has s spotty record and I have been giving them a benefit of the doubt but I think at this point in my life no reason to take excessive risk. Elon is a visionary.but is unreliable and unpredictable. I doubt that will change. Thanks for all your wadvice over the years and best of luck. Peace out.
??

Sold most of my shares today. For many different reasons. Tesla is an awesome company with awesome products. I think it will eventually be successful but many hurdles to still overcome. Management has s spotty record and I have been giving them a benefit of the doubt but I think at this point in my life no reason to take excessive risk. Elon is a visionary.but is unreliable and unpredictable. I doubt that will change. Recent tweet was ridiculous. Thanks for all your advice over the years and best of luck. Peace out.

Good bye......

I’m old and retired so don’t take this the wrong way, but if you need the cash that badly, you probably shouldn’t have bought T unless it was $20 or so. Hope you did okay but one more year or more is going to be awesome!

Where's Arizona's data tracked or reported? Anyone?

@Toolsmack, seems you disagree with everyone's posts ~50% of the time.

8-29-2018 3-26-28 PM.png

What are you disagreeing with here? Don't just thumbs down and not say why. I'm merely quoting from news and data from Dept of Transportation in Ca. I think this could bite Tesla when the media propagates news that Waymo is ahead etc... So do you disagree with gov't data, Waymo's data, or just the world in general half the time?

You picked the quarter that Tesla is becoming profitable and cash flow positive?
When no one in the mainstream media is believing it will happen??
After holding it for all these years???
Color me confused :confused:

You picked the quarter that Tesla is becoming profitable and cash flow positive?
When no one in the mainstream media is believing it will happen??
After holding it for all these years???
Color me confused :confused:

Come on, there has to be at least someone who will end up banging their head against the wall looking at the stock price months from now ;)

As far as I can tell, he’s hitting Disagree on every off-topic post, which is why he’s handed out so many of them!

Oh, like the sheep in Iceland stuff last week... ya those 3 pages.

But I still think Waymo vs Tesla perception on L4 is very much market action related. Watch, we'll be talking about that here in the next 30 days.

Reactions: Boomer19
As far as I can tell, he’s hitting Disagree on every off-topic post, which is why he’s handed out so many of them!
I think you hit the nail on the head as all of his previous posts seem positive, but also on topic. I must admit, the ones of mine he disliked were probably not directly on topic, but to each his own.

SP, SP, SP... I bet it will either go up, go down, or stay the same depending on things and stuff.

As I stated last weekend, Monday morning I was "going to drop a few shares then pick them back up at $275." Especially after reading about the 3rd firetruck incident (drunk driver in California blaming AP like they all do).

So far doing as I said. I'll buy back into what could be the last time under $300, starting maybe at $290. It's just 20% I play with on cycles, solid on the rest. Stock always drops when there's no news pending from Tesla. The FUDs is like clockwork again during this quiet period. Everyone expects $6K/wk shortly, so that won't be news. I think next spike is when my car tells me it wants to drive more on V9. Elon, it's September (hint-hint).

Status
Not open for further replies.