Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this line is weird to me: “short-sellers, who are desperately pushing a narrative that will possibly result in Tesla’s destruction”

Is Musk saying Short Sellers actually can cause the compamy to be destroyed? What is he talking about?

I opened that discussion in the more appropriate thread for General discussion of the Tesla company. Please direct follow ups there.

Not sure why Elon had to give that interview to create more FUD. SP down 2,5% in relative high pre-market volume.

I like the way he shared his feelings, pain, stress and emotions, he is the same human like us all. Although way clever and smart than us, still have tough time and weakness. Lesson learned, though I loss some part of my investment, I appreicate his effort and willingness to make Tesla and M3 happens. Time will tell.

Not sure why Elon had to give that interview to create more FUD. SP down 2,5% in relative high pre-market volume.
More evidence that this company most definitely needs to be private. Let them focus on what they're good at. Stop worrying about quarter to quarter numbers and just be Tesla. Everyone will be happier (except the day traders and shorts) and the company will bypass the hurdles the public market continues to throw in their way. They are confident they don't need the funds the public market offers so why stay? There is no up side to remaining public.

Dan

I like the way he shared his feelings, pain, stress and emotions, he is the same human like us all. Although way clever and smart than us, still have tough time and weakness. Lesson learned, though I loss some part of my investment, I appreicate his effort and willingness to make Tesla and M3 happens. Time will tell.
Yes but he should go vent at a psychologist rather than a media outlet. And when you are the head of such a controversial company, you should sound fully confident when talking to the media at all times. This is not helping his case.

I agree, they are going to twist his words no matter what.

I would have written an statement instead

I don't think others needs to twist his words he seems very capable doing that himselfe (from the NYT article):

"Mr. Musk said in the interview that board members had not complained to him about his tweet. “I don’t recall getting any communications from the board at all,” he said. “I definitely did not get calls from irate directors.”

But shortly after the Times published its interview with Mr. Musk, he added through a Tesla spokeswoman that Antonio Gracias, Tesla’s lead independent director, had indeed contacted him to discuss the Aug. 7 Twitter post, and that he had agreed not to tweet again about the possible privatization deal unless he had discussed it with the board."

Yes but he should go vent at a psychologist rather than a media outlet. And when you are the head of such a controversial company, you should sound fully confident when talking to the media at all times. This is not helping his case.
Look, nothing the man does or says at this point is going to "help his case" in the eyes of those that have no desire for any semblance of truth...just ammunition. The shorts/day traders/analysts crowd have proven time and time again that their only interest is seeing this company brought down for their own gain. Frankly, I am amazed that the man has been able to accomplish what he has. This is just all feeding the case for privatization. Let the man run his companies devoid of all the trash talking and bs. The sooner this company goes private the healthier Elon will be and thus by proxy, the healthier Tesla will be.

Dan

Ok this line is weird to me: “short-sellers, who are desperately pushing a narrative that will possibly result in Tesla’s destruction”
Is Musk saying Short Sellers actually can cause the compamy to be destroyed? What is he talking about?

You will answer that to yourself, if you:
1. judge the #shares shorted
2. judge their current and possible future losses
3. judge what influence could be bought for similar amount of money

If shorts face billions of losses they might be inclined to spend hundreds of millions on various 'influences'.
The result would still end being 'less bad' than if Tesla won.

Does anyone really expect all those billions of $ will not fight in all possible ways, legal and illegal, to survive?

Don't waste your time clicking disagree, I've seen enough corruption to expect nothing less than full illegal activities, bribery, sabotage, etc...
We hear what hits the media, don't think the shenanigans stop there, it is only the tip of the iceberg, the real fight to tank Tesla is happening behind the scenes, in multitudes of ways.

One important area for me to look at when assessing someones Management skills is the consistency of that person in his actions, communication and decisions over time.

Elon is since decades exactly the same consistent person with all highs and lows and did not deviate from his behavior against all odds. Would I see him blink, changes mind, questions himself more often or pulls back from previous decisions I would be concerned but I am not at all.

What I experience here is someone who does exactly what he said years ago or last week which is more a true skill than a behavior and pretty rare in the business and political world.

His NYT interview beside the fact that I read more about "a personal familiar with that matter said ...." mostly contradicting about what Elon said, than about the person interviewed is a clear continuation and testimony about what he said in almost all interviews before. I applaud that.

The fact that he did not consult anybody about his tweet to go private is a good thing. He did show once again that he cares about small shareholder and transparency.

highlights of the NYT David Gelles piece:

That morning, Mr. Musk woke up at home with his girlfriend, the musician known as Grimes, and had an early workout. Then he got in a Tesla Model S and drove himself to the airport. En route, Mr. Musk typed his fateful message.

HEADLINE: Shortsville Times

Elon headed to JAIL. TEXTS while driving, sleeps with other women. What other crimes is he hiding?.

I don't think others needs to twist his words he seems very capable doing that himselfe (from the NYT article):

"Mr. Musk said in the interview that board members had not complained to him about his tweet. “I don’t recall getting any communications from the board at all,” he said. “I definitely did not get calls from irate directors.”

But shortly after the Times published its interview with Mr. Musk, he added through a Tesla spokeswoman that Antonio Gracias, Tesla’s lead independent director, had indeed contacted him to discuss the Aug. 7 Twitter post, and that he had agreed not to tweet again about the possible privatization deal unless he had discussed it with the board."

If he hasn't done the interview we will not be talking about that statement and I really don't care by the way.

Yeah, it was 80% probable that even if he gave the NYT an exclusive interview they'd backstab him: lots of vile Tesla articles from them lately, with likely NYT editorial board backing.

He should have given Wired an interview instead.

Hopefully Elon will eventually learn to not trust journalists ...

Status
Not open for further replies.