Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this article has not been published yet, but Tesla told you so:) Tesla denies further Model 3 production issues

Look at the 3Q17 report. Look at what Elon said about the hotdogs on the gF roof. Look at the delivery numbers reported just after the end of 2017. This ramp up is way better than the S or X and is not showing any signs of slowing down. And, some lucky customer will get ahead of the power curve by purchasing one of the storefront models (M3s) once the sales team figures it is time to release it/them into the wild:) Bypassing the 450K waiting line and maybe even a chunk off the sales price.

I have not read or heard of an outsourced manufacture releasing news that their production was curtailed ~ have you? Not within the last month.

Fundamentals ~ please. Keep those VINs rolling in ~ love it.

Reactions: Duffer and zmarty
I finally picked it up (thanks to y'alls posts). :) My code typically catches the new registrations, but they made a change to the response codes this time around (which my script missed).
great.

Out of curiosity - are you doing hit and trial to get to the check digit, or you have the formula/algo figured out for the hash/check digit? (something like 9th digit is check digit)

Curt,

Interested to hear your thoughts on the legality of this article and whether reporting to the SEC would make any difference.

The reporter, her editor and CNBC would likely claim "absence of malice", if Tesla were to sue, which is a defense allowed exclusively for news people. Of course if malice can be proven, that's another matter.

However, if the reporter benefited in the marketplace, or collusion resulting in financial benefit could be proven between the reporter and a party with a vested interest such as a short seller, then the SEC might have great concern. If it could be proven that anyone made a trade due to inside knowledge that this article would soon be published, he/she would likely hear from the SEC.

Ultimately, it may not be that a civil court or the SEC intervenes, but the court of public opinion regarding the credibility of the reporter and CNBC.

Being an officer of the company he also has to have a plan in place to exercise/sell, he can't just do it on a whim.

Incorrect. He can sell any time, on any whim, without any plan. Directors and insiders must file a Form 4 " with the SEC by the 10th of the month following the trade. For example, an insider buying shares on October 8 has until November 10 to file the Form 4 reporting that transaction to the SEC.... An insider is defined as any officer and/or beneficial owner who is buying or selling their company's stock is required to file a Form 4. An officer is the company's president, principal financial officer, principal accounting officer, any vice-president of the issuer in charge of a principal business unit, division, or function (such as sales, administration, or finance), any other officer who performs a policy-making function, or any other person who performs similar policy-making functions for the issuer."

http://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/sec-insider-form-4.aspx

10b5 plans are an affirmative defense for insiders to avoid accusations/perception/implications that they are trading based on material, non-public information. 10b5 plans can be modified, or revoked at will. The plans themselves and any modifications thereto are never available to the public; the SEC is the enforcer to prevent shenanigans. An insider buying shares in the secondary market is generally considered an indication that the buyer believes the shares are under-valued.

No Tesla officer or director has purchased common shares in the secondary market since the IPO.

• Informative
Reactions: DragonWatch
326k shares in one minute will do that (per yahoo), 49k additional in previous minute.
Telltale signature of a bear raid. Nothing to worry about (unless you hold very short term options plays).

I am not in a position to take advantage of the dip. (Busy overseeing home construction, lots of chaos and lots of bills.) Maybe I will be in position on the next bear raid (cross fingers), but I think it'll probably start the big runup before I get the chance.

It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently. - Warren Buffett

All these analyst/journalist who give BS info, are gonna fade into obscurity

Let's hope so. In this case the reporter's only named source of FUD was a short seller. The others were simply "sources" or anonymous Tesla employees. We weren't given their names, and their motives went unquestioned. We're left wondering who provided the inspiration for the story. Meanwhile, the reporter provided little insight on the current production and deliveries situations, just what was already known in the middle of December. This is so different from the thoroughness required before I retired from the financial news business.

Last edited:
great.

Out of curiosity - are you doing hit and trial to get to the check digit, or you have the formula/algo figured out for the hash/check digit? (something like 9th digit is check digit)

I'm using the check digit formula, which is a pretty straightforward calculation.

When they were registering incorrect check digits (temporarily), I only caught it by chance.

Well well well..looks like still a lot of firm believers..or else this could have easily been a 5% drop or something...that wasn't as bad as I had expected. Also if it's real news, the SP would drop without any notification from any news source at first, since large institutional investors get first dibs. Tomorrow depending on the outcome in the morning, I might go all in.
Thinking the same.
And then if it continues going down, and I'll be out of dry powder, I can start leveraging on the way down, converting DITM calls into less deep DITM calls...
Hmmmm
It seems my wounds have healed, since I can even consider this!

There is little doubt in my mind that someone that has / had a large short call position most likely, or possibly just a very large short position, was trying to reduce their losses and asked for a little help from CNBC in exchange for something. I wonder if they closed or hedged position on dip yesterday, or got greedy and held expecting further price drops today. A further drop doesn't look too likely if pre-market is any indication (which it may or may not be obviously).

Well you have to hand it to them I guess. All short term call holders wiped out for the week on a bunch of FUD. They saw weakness in stock and struck hard. Everyone talks about how much money shorts are losing as if they all have static positions. They seem to have made a boatload this week unless we go up 10 points from here. Doubtful. Probably close in mid to low 330s.

• Informative
Reactions: Paracelsus
Status
Not open for further replies.