Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT :

You are confusing between liberals & progressives. Progressives fell out with Musk a long time back (starting IIRC with him saying bad things about public transport, but could have been earlier).

Liberals turned against Musk when he decided to join Trump's CEO / industry group. Liberals don't care about UAW, BTW. The term you are looking for is Neoliberal, when you say "liberal conservatives").

Now I am confused. I don't know who I am.

short-shorts-movie-poster4.jpg
OFF TOPIC but a great tweet: Groggy T. Bear on Twitter

I'm still thinking Q4 news could be good sales but great margins. Assuming that's the case, if they announced average sales alone, it could be viewed as a negative. So could they also announce approximate Q4 Margins or is that number impossible to calculate in early Jan when vehicle sales are announced?
I don't think they will talk about margins. They may reiterate Q4 guidance - but unlikely.

I'm ok with a positive earnings surprise ;)

Elon is a billionaire and over 80% of billionaires are conservatives - so per rule of thumb liberals don't trust billionaires.
I won’t disagree that liberals distrust billionaires, but I question 80% are conservatives. I think you are well read and probably 100% on target 80% of the time. Maybe I think there’s a Soros or Gates for every Koch and that’s probably a bad assumption on my part. When I do look at the top billionaires though, I see Bezos, Gates and Larry Page and Sergei Brin, balanced out by Koch’s and the Waltons. I think a lot of billionaires, while self interested, still believe in liberal ideals and globalism. Many are beneficiaries of immigration and public education as well.
Not denying the rise of nationalism and autocracy being more popular, just not sure billionaires are so hegemonious.

Open to new data.

i'm willing to bet every Porsche customer understands there's no turbocharger in an electric car.
Depends what your definition of "turbocharger" is... it can also refer to a really fast charger pumping as many electrons into the battery pack as it can. Doesn't mean that is how they'll understand it, but it all depends on what the definition of "is" is, to quote a certain ex-President.

Yeah, what’s the net worth of Larry Ellison? 60 billion dollar or so?
Having somebody with such deep pockets tied so close to Tesla should put a solid floor under TSLA, and completely invalidates the TSLAQ thesis.

So I looked this up myself, see this list: The World's Billionaires
Larry Ellison is now worth 55 billion.
Interestingly, he has jumped over the Koch brothers since the begin of this year to the 7th place in the ranking, mostly because the Kochs lost a quarter of their net worth (about 14 billion each) this year.

This stock is bananas. Didn't hardly bat an eye when macros tanked late in the day today. Some days it magnifies macros, some days it ignores it completely. Max pain was ignored completely today too.

Here's hoping I find a decent entry point before deliveries (and that deliveries doesn't end up being negative).

Reactions: Cherry Wine
Well, looks like the max pain party is cancelled today.

ps : Closes at 333.87, up 5.6%. Nasdaq up 0.08%.

Quite pleased to see Larry on board.

Pretty good day for the guy, in addition to the board announcement, at 3 million shares owned, and a $333.87 closing price, he joins Elon in redefining Teslanaires

Status
Not open for further replies.