Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Musky tweet about AP!

"Software V9.0 with latest Autopilot is rolling out to North America soon"

Elon Musk on Twitter

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!

Edit: Nevermind. Elon just confirmed Drive on Nav.

Wait, what does former mean.. that means the first one right.. as the the later is the second one right.. ok.. yeah.. confirmed. Drive on Nav.

Wow...

In that context, a casual observer wouldn't see anything remotely amiss or malicious about TSLA price movement.

I honestly didn't realize they were looking THAT bad

If you factor in dividends and currency changes, it looks roughly like this:

-14% Toyota
-22% BMW
-23% Honda
-26% Tesla
-26% GM
-27% VW
-30% Ford
-32% Daimler

So is this ground breaking news?

well it's something new. FSD minus road sign/traffic light recognition and w/o intersections w/ cars coming from various directions. First step.

I was looking at the traffic light today and was thinking it's quite a challenge to recognize the red is on (left) with the sun on it...

Attachments

• 20181022_081057.jpg
    20181022_081057.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
With regards to market action? Probably little impact initially. We may have an inflow of Youtube videos in the next few weeks from enthusiastic owners and, of course, someone will manage at some point to draw negative light to it...
I've seen PLENTY of specific requests for nav on AP lately. Musk is delivering.
Also if it isn't obvious, this new poster is part of the shorty air force 100%

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11 and oneday
Perhaps the depressed stock price is Tesla following the other Automakers down because it hasn't "proven" to the market that it's well over the M3 production hump (something a positive Q3 report might do though)

Yeah I can go with Tesla likely correlating with the sector. If there is pricing pressure under reduced demand those both will affect Tesla or at least could eventually. I don't think q3 really clears that up though. I think q3 is mostly about how many cars can you make and at what cost with some early dashes of what does word of mouth demand growth look like.

This is a very sector specific market. Auto and construction have gotten smashed while tech did really well. Kind of weird if you ask me given the cap.ex tax law changes.

Yeah I can go with Tesla likely correlating with the sector. If there is pricing pressure under reduced demand those both will affect Tesla or at least could eventually. I don't think q3 really clears that up though. I think q3 is mostly about how many cars can you make and at what cost with some early dashes of what does word of mouth demand growth look like.

This is a very sector specific market. Auto and construction have gotten smashed while tech did really well. Kind of weird if you ask me given the cap.ex tax law changes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the trading algos for TSLA are weighted between the NASDAQ and Auto stocks.

right now it's the macros. tariffs, int rates, brexit, saudi, elections, etc

that said, a couple things i think they could do to immediately improve SP:

1) do a capital raise. I know, I know, it's not needed. But wall street would feel warm and fuzzy if it happened. So do it. Play to the street a bit. Elon doesn't want to, it's not his thing. He's focused on product not doing fake things to appease the street. But needs to start playing the game a bit more, just a bit.

2) new board members. Need a big name and face. Another sort of vanity thing... but will give peace of mind to the street and expand the investor base. Give them what they want.

just my 2c
#1 is a terrible idea, because it will damage Elon's credibility even more than it has been already by twitter related shenanigans (for which I don't really consider him guilty, but the street / others do)

#2 might happen due to the SEC settlement. Though how they manage to find anyone the SEC (or whomever is doing the approving) approves of (as they want someone who will not Elon do what he wants), and also is on board with the mission of the company and not just in it for money / etc, and also isn't polarizing ... not sure.

full disclosure: I clicked disagree on your post because my disagreement over #1 is a stronger opinion than my agreement with #2 (since it's kinda going to happen one way or another, just perhaps not as ideally as we would prefer)

Status
Not open for further replies.