Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote this last Friday:

Incredible, so essentially the SEC wanted to implement the kind of nonsensical coup of 'independent' directors that shorts tried to get passed at the shareholder meeting to interfere with Elon's ability to lead Tesla? Who dictated the settlement terms to the SEC - was it Chanos, Spiegel or Left?

SEC stands for Short-seller Enrichment Commission, right?

So is Elon reading TMC, or is he joking like me?

Not sure which possibility I find more unsettling. :D

scannerz.gif

The purest definition of borderlining.
Sitting in his room, taking it all down.
Me or nothing.

In regard to Elon's latest tweet, I agree with what Elon Musk is thinking but it's definitely stupid of him to be tweeting such in the public. He is giving more fuel to the shorts to hurt tesla and long term investor.

Practically speaking, are there any legal repercussion from what he said? Could this affect the settlement?

no but he's pissing the SEC for sure now and by insulting them making it personal. not sure making enemies out of the SEC is the way to go here.

Agree it's not a violation, and the childishness is not the main concern. The real import is: What's going on that led to this outburst?

My guess: pressure, stress, and disappointment at the stock performance after Tesla released the production and delivery numbers. Those were turning-point numbers for anyone that has been watching Tesla, but the market manipulation and unrelenting FUD and straight up lies by the media have succeeded in suppressing the stock and mis-informing millions of people. I completely "get it" and I don't know many people that could totally keep their cool in this situation.

In regard to Elon's latest tweet, I agree with what Elon Musk is thinking but it's definitely stupid of him to be tweeting such in the public. He is giving more fuel to the shorts to hurt tesla and long term investor.

Practically speaking, are there any legal repercussion from what he said? Could this affect the settlement?
It could cause the SEC to back out on the settlement. Or could mean that Musk is backing out. Or could cause the judge to back out.

I am pretty sure at this point that Musk's subconscious brain is telling him to get out. He should get out and take a vacation. The company's going to be OK, Jerome and JB are good hands.

This is extremely irresponsible. I want to believe this is all part of the 4D chess bear trap Elon is building (or we thought he was building) but I see no more long bullets that would carry us north of even 300$. This will only give more appetite to short sellers and FUDsters who even believe Model 3s in parking lots are cars that couldn't be sold... These guys have the power to drive the share price down as evident from post Q3 production results. I want to trust Elon but my mere mortal mind fails to come up with any sense in this move. Only logical thing explanation is that this is the same pedo argument attitude he has where he can't let go. If so unfortunately this is sad for all of us.

• Funny
Reactions: anthonyj
Status
Not open for further replies.