Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The SEC and the court are not going to approve anymore 'Yes" people. They have a BoD full of them now. That is what got Musk and Tesla into trouble in the first place.
No, an out of control SEC, likely under pressure from external sources, tripped over themselves trying to trump up a weak case. The board had nothing to do with this event.

Um...

Oh HELL NO.

Shouldn't even be on the board in the first place.

Seeing Murdoch proposed as chairman in an article that is so anonymously confident about the board’s thinking seems like a dead giveaway to me. Maybe Murdoch infiltrated the board and is strategically trying to influence the media narrative to dilute Elon’s influence. And it’s working.

The tone of NYT coverage on Tesla remains consistently negative as if they harbor a deep, lasting grudge.

I remain really curious as to what drives the disdain they have for Musk and the company. Printing a quote from some nobody comparing Musk to Jim Jones of Jonestown is simply bizarre, obscene. It is extraordinary to witness this from supposedly the greatest news organization in the world, on the same day they publish an impressive, year-in-the-making, 13,000-word investigative report on the Trump family finances.
The NYT is very into editorial articles, and they are extremely biased. They still have some power and they seem to like to abuse it. As you mentioned, for whatever reason, they have a very stubborn disdain for Musk/Tesla, and their propensity to write propaganda against Tesla appears to have no limit. I can't stand them.

Maybe, or there could be a lot of covering going on AH by shorts to reload for tomorrow. It looked like the $300ish level had solid support today, so my guess is a MMD tomorrow will fail. But, they will still try.

Nasdaq futures are up tonight. Maybe we will have some macro support tomorrow to push us solidly over the $300 support level.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Well, this applies to any car premium car. But, operating cost will be low for EVs. More riders are likely to pick a Tesla over other cars - so likely more rides.

Given the base of cars, this is not very practical, though.

There were some consideration about warranty and supercharging making this Tesla Network idea not practical. And I just had the same idea that somebody mentioned above. If somebody is operating within the Tesla Network framework, then warranty can be extended with the same mileage, and free Supercharging credit can be allocated accordingly.

With regard to the minimum wage the possible driver could expect. How about considering that the drivers to be pseudo Tesla employee and allocate stock and option as part of the benefit? Of course I don't know what the current Tesla employee make, but just give an idea, say if you drive 1000 miles, then you get 1 share, but you have to hold for 4 year. 10,000 miles, then you get one OTM option.

What I mean is there may be technical difficulty, but I would still like to hear a fundamental obstacle, one show stopper, that Tesla does not want to tackle now. Maybe going through the legal proceeding city by city for the permit? But I thought about it, this still is something Tesla has to tackle down the road. So it cannot be the show stopper I want to hear.

No, an out of control SEC, likely under pressure from external sources, tripped over themselves trying to trump up a weak case. The board had nothing to do with this event.
I am guessing you have not read the complaints or Musk's settlement documents. Once you do you will better understand the situation.

Has anyone been able to find a copy of Tesla's Consent document? I can only find Elon's 7-page document. The Tesla settlement should contain more information about the required BoD actions.

• Informative
Reactions: NikeWings
Isn’t that is what is meant by the SR (standard or short range ) version vs the LR (long range ) version

SR could come with mandatory non optional PuP,AWD, EAP, or premium paint that could increase the price above $35k.

So it could be Tesla starts making SR AWD PuP soon but leaves bare bones SR off the production queue for 9 months to a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.