Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk status "CLOSURE_REQUEST_MOVE"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I did a data privacy request to obtain a copy of the vehicle data of my 2022 Model 3.
In the CSV files I received there is an entry "CLOSURE_REQUEST_MOVE" in the column for the trunk status.
Can anyone here tell me about the meaning of that entry? I already contacted Tesla and searched online for it, but no result.
Since I had technical issues with the trunk I would like to understand if that status has maybe got something to do with them.

Hope someone here can help.

I’m no direct help to answer your question, but the Holiday update broke my Tesla Branded retrofit power trunk. It will not open from any digital or physical button. I know it’s from the update because it worked the day before. First time yawing after, and just nothing.

Hi @Massive Attack
Sorry for the late reply. I read about the issue you describe, but not in connection with the holiday update.
Maybe this can help you:

Hi @Massive Attack
Sorry for the late reply. I read about the issue you describe, but not in connection with the holiday update.
Maybe this can help you:
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, there is simply zero physical response when pressing any trunk buttons. The animated car images show the trunk quickly opening, then closing. I suspect this is the issue:

1. The fuse for the latch or trunk should be checked in your Model 3’s fuse box, which is usually located under the hood or in the trunk. If you suspect any loose or blown fuse, you have to reconnect it tightly and or replace it with a new one with the same rattling.
While anything is possible, I don't think there is any physical blockage, as I park in a garage at home and work, and the trunk opened and closed without issue, previously. There is no beeping or physical movement sounds when the buttons are pressed.

Tesla installed the Retrofit Power Trunk in early November. It took them 1.5 days to complete. So, it looks like they are going to have to now fix it. I probably had like 10 or fewer open/close cycles since installation. I do expect better. I have a service appointment setup. Surprisingly, even though there is a local Service Center, they are sending a mobile technician on 1/15.

Hi @Massive Attack
Maybe this can help you:

This article from this "automotivetroop" website reads like it was crafted entirely by a large language module platforum (chatgtp, bard, etc etc), and copy pasted as "content".