Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Traveling on 395 and visiting Manzanar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a friend who was interned there when he was 5 years old. His father had owned a small grocery store which was taken away for which they were never reimbursed. My friend's father died while at Manzanar.
Sorry to hear about your friend's father. It is a shameful card in US history.

I did visit the Manzanar. We actually stayed in Lone Pine for the night. I posted about it on my blog: California, here we come! (Road trip 2018 – part 10)

Reactions: sxnahm and gene
A friend of mine who drove from LA to Mammoth a few days ago said there were only 4 chargers. Today, on his way back south to LA, there are suddenly 3 more chargers making 7 at Lone Pine. Though these last three are mounted temporarily on skids. Must be getting ready for holiday weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: arcus
A friend of mine who drove from LA to Mammoth a few days ago said there were only 4 chargers. Today, on his way back south to LA, there are suddenly 3 more chargers making 7 at Lone Pine. Though these last three are mounted temporarily on skids. Must be getting ready for holiday weekend.
It was only 4 when we were there during summer, so nice addition!